Getting waxoyl into door

Next Q. I have got waxoyl pressure can and the 'high pressure' pump with extension nozzle. There are no entry points I can see within the perimeter channel to allow access so do I drill some, say 10mm, holes around the channel at appropriate points to allow access - and then pump like heck, putting a grommet in when finished?

Thanks for any answers.

Best wishes

Malcy

From your other thread, I presume your on about the back door?

You dont really need a lot of Waxoyl in the rear door, as its not as prone to holding water as the drivers & passengers door are.

Why dont you just take the trim off & spray around from there? When I fitted my swingaway carrier, I had all the back door apart, and there really is not a lot going on in there.

I would not go drilling holes all over the place.

Next Q. I have got waxoyl pressure can and the 'high pressure' pump with extension nozzle. There are no entry points I can see within the perimeter channel to allow access so do I drill some, say 10mm, holes around the channel at appropriate points to allow access - and then pump like heck, putting a grommet in when finished?

Thanks for any answers.

Best wishes

Malcy

Sounds ood to me, probably the way I would do that job.

I replaced my two front doors, and had the back door apart, within a few weeks of each other.

All the doors were originals, so 14 years old. My fronts were really bad, to the extent that I used to get clumps of rust when I slammed the door shut! The rear had a minimal amount of rust in it by any standards, and was virtually mint in comparison to the fronts.

My front doors I really gave a good coating of Waxoyl to, and got into all the nooks & crannies, to prolong their life.

I would certainly Waxoyl the rear door when it comes time to change it, but I would not go to the extent of drilling holes to get at hard to reach places. Waxoyl-ing the area you can see by removing the trim will more than suffice in providing adequate protection for a long time.

HTH

Martin

Thanks guys. I have given the whole inside of the door two good coats of Hammerite but the inside of the perimeter channel worries me from a corrosion point of view (you should see the old door!)

So I think I will apply some judicious 10mm holes and try and spray it full of waxoyl since little merit in protecting the visible metal and ignoring what you cannot see since I believe the law of sod will dictate that moisture will be irresistably attracted to the area!