Hook Norton Comp Safari 18th Oct

Steve Hiatt

Unfortunately I didn't make it over - I had to head back to London early today so I wanted to get some time in on the build..... I hope it went well today, Steve. Do keep posting up when there are events going on as I'd love to pop along to say hello when I get a quieter weekend.

Well I made it along with the little one (nearly 2). Unfortunately arrived to see a blue motor with number 80 on the side being towed to a barn behind a JCB so I guess Steve it was not a great day for you. Thought it not the best time to come and say hi as guess you were busy (still there working away when I left as well!).

Had a great time though and think I have found something the little one really enjoys as all I got for the first 30mins was WOW every time a motor went past. Was great to watch and I took a few bits of vid and some pics. I will try to put up some pics later this week if get a chance. A couple of rolls it seems when I sent around the pit area but obviously a different part of the course as I didn't see any first hand.

Was my first visit to a Comp Safari and as a rally fan, I can definitely see the attraction of this sport. Maybe time to modify the defender again!

If there are any more in the area, let me know as a good event to spectate at.

Cheers,

Dan

Ok, so here goes. The first thing I saw was steves car undergoing some running repair due to a broken propshaft. He got it fixed so I got a few pictures of him, but it didn't last long unfortunately. The event looked pretty well organized with a burger van and a bouncy castle, making it a family event.

Engineering in conference:

SDC10709.jpg

Steve giving it some:

SDC10726.jpg

SDC10727.jpg

Plenty of airborne stuff:

SDC10723.jpg

A sense of humour:

SDC10714.jpg

Entertaing to watch and good to meet another local forum member.

Daan

So here are a couple of my pics. Nothing wonderful but only a little camera and a little man to keep an eye on!

IMG_3884.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3902.jpg

Also got pics of the various farm animals as well but guess you are not so interested in those!!!

Cheers,