OT: Damping a rice-burner

BogMonster

OK so I have got a Ranger crewcab, thrash me now and lets get it over and done with but I wanted something with a heater :unsure:

Now onto business....

I have always thought that the standard shockers were not really man enough for the job, yes it has cart springs like all of them and so a bit of bounce is to be expected but I think the shockers are now past their best as a result of 2 years bouncing up and down the awful un-maintained road leading to our house, so rather than just go for a new set of std ones I was thinking about something a little better to try and tame the bounce a bit.

Google doesn't seem to turn up a lot. Is there a good supplier - in the UK - who we all know for LR spares but who also does stuff for rice-burners at a reasonable price? All the stuff I came up with on Google seemed to be either for the US version of the Ranger (a completely different vehicle) or based in Australia which is too complicated and being OME probably more than I want to spend anyway. £50 a corner would be the max.

Any ideas please?

Simple really - it was dead cheap to have as a biffabout vehicle for commuting, carting rubbish to the tip, fuel drums to the house and general running around and parking in places where there are idiots who can't. I have no particular attachment to it so if somebody runs into it I won't be too worried, the other 2 can therefore sit in the garage unless I want or need to use them for something in particular which means they will last me for years :)