Fitting a snorkel to Puma engined Defender

I want to fit a snorkel to my 2007 Puma engined 110 and I am considering the Safari model.

However before I make the purchase, I wondered if anyone has installed this already and can offer any advice. I am concerned that the brake servo blocks access to the air intake panel in the engine bay and it looks as if it will be very difficult to fit. Any comments or advice would be gratefully received. The instructions say it should take 2 hours to fit, is this realistic?

Hi there,i originally attempted to fit a safari type to a friends of mine truck (08 reg) and had the very same concerns, i personally could not see how to get to the area to tighten the nuts on the wing, without removing the brake abs stuff ect, and i really did not want to go there, i have seen a few fitted but not been able to speak to anyone that has done so. i/we fitted a Mantec/round metal style one in about 30 mins instead,

We have some Safaris in stock but have yet to fit any to Pumas!

As above the type that fit onto the outside of the wing is easier to fit, but forget it being properly waterproof however with the ECU location on a Puma, deep wading is a bad idea anyway.

No experience with the Safari one I'm afraid. Most folks I know have fitted the Mantec.

It took me about 90 mins to fit the Mantec one and that included a tea break whilst my cordless drill recharged. Dead easy. Only thing to look out for is that the wiring is out of the way on the A pillar and behind the wing.

I have a Mantec (new model) and I don`t find it very good. I guess safari or a OE type with a safari ram would be the best.

Thanks for that Mack. What's the problem with it?

I must say I saw one at a show and thought that it protruded a long way forward of the screen. Does this make driving very close to objects like trees difficult?