Avoiding the Q plate

I wish to extend a 110 chassis to 130-ish, change the engine from diesel to petrol V8 and probably go from LT95? to R380 manual gearbox. Now according to the DVLA regs I need a score of 8 points or more to avoid the Q plate

Extending the wheelbase must rank as radically altering so according to their points score I lose 5 points for this. If I change the engine from diesel to petrol only 1 point lost. Now, I can scrape my 8 points keeping steering, suspension, transmission and axles as they are but are they going to hit me 2 points for any alteration to the gearbox, even if it is essentially the same type of box?

Is it permissible to alter the chassis, send the log book off, let the dust settle then do the other changes or is it a once and for all rule that says you've used up your points in one go and you can't gain anymore by waiting?

Or should I just accept the Q plate with dignity, jump through all the SVA hoops and quit whingeing? :(

Buying a 130 is the easier but much much more expensive option, all for an extra 20" of box section! I need to see what differentiates a passenger from commercial vehicle in their eyes, that looks like £450 I don't need to get hooked into

Having had a good read through many SVA posts I have completely resigned myself to an SVA test and a Q plate, that way I can forget the 8+points and build it how I want. I will go and have a word at my local office, forewarned is forearmed after all.

Thanks to all for your contributions, I'll wear my Q with pride now :D