P38 Central Locking Problem

silversurfer

Went to open the car this morning and low and behold all doors unlocked except for the drivers, when I go to lock the reverse happens (all locking except for drivers). If I use the key to unlock they all open and close fine. If I am inside the car and operate the door button all seem to work fine. Any ideas before I lay out for a new central locking motor?? Thanks guys.

Went to open the car this morning and low and behold all doors unlocked except for the drivers, when I go to lock the reverse happens (all locking except for drivers). If I use the key to unlock they all open and close fine. If I am inside the car and operate the door button all seem to work fine. Any ideas before I lay out for a new central locking motor?? Thanks guys.

Have you tried a new battery in the remote sender?

it's not going to be the battery, either the one in the key fob, or the one in the car. Whatever is causing it, the lock is not being actuated by the central locking motor.

I would take the door trim off and have a look see, operate the central lcoking and see if the motor is operating. It may just be that the linkage is either siezed or one of the links has come off (happened on my old classic)

If the motor is not actuating, then run a test meter to it to see if there is power to it when you are operating the fob, as the BECMs on these vehicles do very odd things sometimes and it may have decided that it just doesnt like that particular door for some reason!

If there is 12v getting to the motor, and then it's still not working then it has to be the motor

Dave

other one to check whilst you have the door pannel off is the loom if you have had a new regulator and not cliped the loom back the reg cuts through them if ok them new latch as the motors are internal, bear in mind if left too long the dead lock motor usualy fails then leaves the dor in dead lock and then you need to smash the door pannel off and then the door latch