200TDI, R380, which clutch slave parts do I need.

ajh

So I got an R380 for my 200TDI, the only thing is there is no clutch slave cylinder in place. Even if the one from the LT77 fits I think I would feel better fitting a new one (got the TD5 pedal/master coming) while things are all split apart and easy to access. My only question is what parts do I need to order to do this? :)

Just use the standard slave cylinder http://www.paddockspares.com/sp/cat/DEFENDER/sub/Clutch/sid/12/sb2/6++Miscellaneous+Clutch+Parts.html

but you will need .. FTC4229 : Slave cylinder pin as the distance from the front of the cylinder to the clutch fork is different than standard.

Make sure that you don't fit the standard tdi clutch release bearing.

There's a parts list on the bottom of page 2 on my linky thingy below if you need it.

So in confusion do I require 591231G (clutch slave all model except 300TDI) or do I need one of the 300TDI ones? The listings make it as clear as mud... I need to place an order today as I am departing for a month in Peru on Monday and hope that all my parts including my new front and rear doors (yay, late model doors!) and OE roof rack will be here when I get home. :) No doubt I'll need more things before I can finish re-assembly, but then is that not always the way.

Sorry I didn't make it clear did i :(

I've got a 591231G on my short r380. I also got the 300tdi onwards clutch pedal assembly to give me the softer clutch pedal.

Clutch master is the standard 200tdi.

I've not looked at the later slave cylinder so don't know what the differences are and if the mountings etc are the same.

I've not looked at the later slave cylinder so don't know what the differences are and if the mountings etc are the same.

I *think* the - or at least *a* - difference is the thread of the pipe fittings (metric versus UNF)

I got a FTC5072 to go in my ex-MOD 2.5NA / R380 and it bolted up to the bellhousing fine, and accepted the old rod - but I had all sorts of issues with the hydraulics - see here: http://forums.lr4x4....=1entry194977

Hopefully the 591231 will connect right up with your existing piping

OTOH if you are fitting the TD5 pipes as well as master / pedal then you may want the metric slave - I'd second the motion of checking with Ashcrofts - I know how frustrating it is when you are trying to do this all so far away from Solihull

Sorry I didn't make it clear did i :(

I've got a 591231G on my short r380. I also got the 300tdi onwards clutch pedal assembly to give me the softer clutch pedal.

Clutch master is the standard 200tdi.

my short shaft R380 has the 591231 slave cylinder on it. works fine with the standard clutch master 550732 & later 300tdi pedal assembly.