Coil Springs Part Numbers For A Standard 3dr 110

hello,

after wondering why my rear suspension always seemed hard when empty, and then when i went to spain fully loaded, and the suspension didnt move much, got me looking at the spring colours, which are as follows :

drivers side rear : red/red

passengers side rear : green/red

on a quick search i came across the following spring rates for a 110 :

NRC6904 110 HD Rear passenger side 15.55 330 8 red/green

NRC6389 110 HD Rear driver side 16.02 330 8 red/red

however, i dont want heavy duty springs on the rear, just standard ones. i dont have a self leveling unit fitted, which part numbers do i need ?

i looked in my parts cat, but it only shows the hd ones, with exception to the ones fitted with the self leveling unit, which i dont have ? ( see below )

NRC6388 D110 with load leveler Rear passenger side 16.53 180 7.5 blue/blue

NRC7000 D110 with load leveler Rear drivers side 15.75 180 7.5 green/white

the 330 springs are far to hard, as it bounces quite hard on small pot holes, ruts etc. so i am presuming that the 180's would be more suitable ?

i have checked the front springs, and they are as they should be.

drivers side : white/white

passenger side: yellow/yellow

cheers...

Baring the very HD military spring these are the only two options LR used to offer. Now however the TD5 110 CSW's (not sure but I think the HT's might still get the HD 330lb ones) have a spring rate between the two. Not sure what it is though or what the part numbers are, buut I have aquired a set of TD5 spring and these are what I intend to fit to my 110 as I think they should be an ideal compromise between the 330's and 180's.

Although the 330lb ones are called HD they where (prior to TD5's) the standard rears for non load levelled vehicles.

ge here http://members.shaw.ca/jbarge/springinfo.html for the most comprehensive spring ratio chart on the 'net.

The only 110 'fender springs I've seen here in Oz were the 330lb/in spring. The earlier 110 County's sold here used the soft spring but these also used the load leveler.

As to the ride quality, a major factor in this can be the shock absorber. Td5's have different shock valving with a lot less bump, and therefore are softer in ride compared to a Tdi type damper.

I must admit I was shocked the first time I jumped into and drove a Tdi Defender after only ever being in a load levelled 110 County. The 110 felt like a RRC, the Tdi like a truck (or a Toyota) !

Funny thing is I'm used to the ride of the 130, and don't know if I could cope with the extreme wallow and sway of really soft springs now. :ph34r:

i think i will simply place the jerry cans and water container over the back axle, and wait a couple of years for spring sag to take its course !

umm, all that will do is reduce your ride height (when the springs eventually sag) not the actual spring rate ;)