Range Rover Service Manual

Cynic-al

I've got a hardback Haynes that I found in some Highstreet market for pennies. Just what it's worth. I'd give it to you if we were closer.

At the other extreme I have a photocopy of the factory manual that I paid way too much for. I LOVE it! The pain of the ripoff is long gone but I always find the answer in that 100cm volume.

The Haynes does have electrical diagrams so it may suffice

. Only covers petrol models though, maybe why it was so cheap? Don't you guys have mostly diesel models? :unsure:

Don't you guys have mostly diesel models?

Wash your mouth out at once!

No, V8 petrol was by far the most common, once the auto transmission came in the most prevalent, most driveable and most valuable models were always V8 Automatic. If you've ever driven a manual Range Rover you'll know why. Diesels were almost invariably manual as none of the Land Rover diesel engines of the time were particularly driveable with an autobox. I think there were a few lte soft dash autos with the TDi engine though.

Oddly enough most Defenders and Discoverys were diesel manuals. You could look at 2 identical Discos on a forecourt, same age, trim level and condition. The diesel would always sell for more than the V8. With Range Rovers it's the other way round.

Downloads at http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.php but I find that the RRC section doesn't go far enough back to be of much use for flapper EFi problems.

I have the LR manual SRR660ENWM which is fine for mine - covers all models petrol & diesel 1986 to 1989 & mine's a 3.5EFi flapper - which IIRC I bought online via the LRO bookshop about 15 years ago.

I also have an early Haynes, but the LR manual is the one to have. IIRC the later Haynes manual is not as goos as the early one.