RR Classic Rear Floor

Lenny

Lenny,

I believe I still have the corrugated floor from my 85 RRC Vogue SE that is now looking slightly different.

Is that the part you are after ?

If so, I'll see about getting you some pictures this weekend when i next have the chance to see it in daylight.

Be mindful it's not brand new, but definitely fit for purpose.

Where are you based.. Your profile goves no clues.

Neil

As a Note, Lenny's 1991 floor will be steel and welded in, whilst Neil's 1985 will be aluminium and riveted in....

An Aluminium floor can be fitted to a steel floored car - see the tech archive for pictures - but you also need the rubbers from the end, and the metalwork round the edge needs to be good (ie repaired usually) so doesn't get away from the need to weld...

Mark

Yes Mark you're are correct and I hoped by mentioning 1991 built date most here would know this.

I'd be looking for an exact replacement part - steel with the flat faces for seat belt attachments and obviously the access gate for the fuel pump - I have noticed the earlier AL variants do not have these features.

Please see photo attachments. Based in Leicestershire.

Would be great if a local Scrapyard may have one available if anyone can help.

post-18797-125804161122_thumb.jpg

post-18797-125804162276_thumb.jpg

post-18797-125804163299_thumb.jpg

TBH, they are a bit of pain to get out, and you'd be lucky (read very lucky) to find one a) not already rotten, and b) Removed in one piece and not bent, and in which case the truck you are looking at would probably not be for breaking.

As far as I know, the floor panels are not available for the later RRC, so I went and found a nice ali one from an earlier Rangie as per the write up above, and slotted that in instead -does the job nicely :)

You could make your own hatch for the fuel pump, but in all honesty I haven't, as dropping the tank is not a huge job, and that's how all the old ones were, so why should it be a problem now? The seat belt holes will need re-drilling in the correct place, but by using the 1991 seat belt mounts it is not a problem having a corrugated floor at all, they have enough of an upstand to clear the surrounding corrugations.

I understand this may not be the way you wish to do it, if going for originality, but IMHO it is a long lasting method of repair.

Oh, and don't forget to order a new rear body cross member at the same time!

Rear floor is not a prescribed area so it not testable.

At any rate, that's actually in very good nick compared with most.

Agree, that's in good condition. If it was me I would treat with antirust and paint. Also waxoyl it underneath. The flat area on the drivers side will rot out like mine did. I've just pop rivetted a repair bit in. Look in my gallery for pics on what I did. I've acquired an ali replacement panel for when the time comes ;)