Wayfarer North Wales UPDATE.

Paul Humphreys

The road known to many at “the Wayfarer” North Wales has a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) placed on it and is closed from 16-11-09 until further notice. This covers from SJ 12965 35532 to SJ 09185 36582. The reason for the TRO is due to water erosion and to allow for the Highways Dept to carry out the repair work. The TRO will last till the repairs are done. I will post back as soon as I know they have been done.

Could Admin/Mods please make this a sticky.

It does need sorting out - Paul has already done some very impressive work with a 'floating road section', but other areas are clearly trying to slide downslope. Water erosion is evident in quite a few places - the lower surface of the pass has become a stream bed with no apparent run-offs from it that I could see.

Les.

• 1 month later...

Should have quoted this bit :unsure:

All things being equal, repairs on the Wayfarer will be effected on Wednesday 23rd. These will be of a relatively temporary nature to get it back into use before Christmas - any permanent repairs required will be done in the New Year.

Should be open for use from Thursday onwards.

Pray that they have decent weather for the work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wayfarer is still closed. Forecast temperatures for the rest of the week rule out any work up there, which is being tied in with drain repairs in Llanarmon, but he anticipates that it will probably be done in the latter part of next week, or early part of the week after, at the latest.

The above is the latest info I have.

Paul

• 1 month later...

It looks like it should be done by easter. I would say about 30-40T of stone needs putting in. So as long as they carry on with it this week you should be ok. I will try to take a look before next weekend to see if it is done.

Let me know where you will be and I might get out to meet you.

Paul

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...