temperature gauge differences?

My Disco 200 TDi in an ex TD (possibly 2.5 petrol before that!) 90 ran at the top of the white all day long.

Put in a VDO gauge and sender in and it reads about 200F (93 C) all day. Rises a tiny amount under heavy load.

The gauge shows the hysteresis when the stat opens - temp goes over 200 ( to heavy load position if you like) for a very short time then drops down as the cold water floods in then rises again to normal. Very reassuring.

That is with an autobox on the back of it and a shagged radiator in front of it.

True but as long as the needle is on 30 or below you are sure to ok!!

I wish larger tyres sorted that out!

I think the point is, for a ship or something with rows of guages then yes the priciple of speed of sight works well, however for a Landy with around say 6, accuracy is more important, do you know where boiling point is on your guage? just think the digital option is better suited to this application. IMO of course :ph34r:

I would agree a 'proper' gauge is better than the standard affairs, but personally I would have a decent analogue one like a VDO, rather than the digital ones. They look a bit tacky in my opinion, more boy racer than Land Rover :(

Still, each to his own :)

It's not there for looks, Tacky how rude :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: