Sumo or Dan bars? Which one

SteveG

I bought some of the original QT rods - before QT was really QT, just Dave flogging them at Sodbury.

I did manage to bend the track rod, but it was hitting a tree-stump doing about 30mph - so not surprising.

I mentioned it to him at billing - and he said "you know they have a lifetime warranty?" - which I didn't.

He replaced it on the spot - which impressed me hugely - even though I didn't have the bent one with me.

I have run the replacement one for many years now and it has never given me any problem. I'd buy another QT one, not just for te strength, but the exceptional customer service!

Si

I've bent several Dan and Sumo bars in the past. I don't like the idea of grounding out on the trackrod (e.g. on a stump) with the full weight of front end of the vehicle hanging off those track rod ends!

I now run a Gwyn Lewis trackrod guard with a cut down QT diff guard welded onto it with a Sumo bar inside, so far so good.

got the same setup except running the standard track road. worked well for a while, since the guard also prevents the rod from bending. on the last trip it bent on the part sticking out of the gard, must have hit something there. will get a sumo replacement now.

regards

orange

I have QT track bars and a proprietary solid drag link (other equipment suppliers are available) and they're fine, although the 90/110 QT damper clamp doesn't fit the (smaller diameter) drag link from the other supplier, so I've had to pack it with half a jubilee clip, although I'm still not happy with the setup.