Air in heater matrix

sweety

Hi guy's well my heater is gurgling mainly on start up but there is the odd time I hear it again when driving :( I think it trapped air but just can't get it out, have tried starting it up with the cap off but that hasn't seemed to have worked :( Water level has never dropped but I think the heaters are not as hot as they were but it was warmer last month when I got it.

Oh its a D2 V8 auto 2000reg.

Will be greatfull for any help as this is driving me mad as it seems 1 prob after another at the min which I need to get sorted fast or it's going to have to go :(

Dont know about a D2, but on my 110 the only way i could remove all the air from heater matrix was to remove one of the pipes to matrix, and fill it up from here with water, as the matrix on a 110 is higher than radiator,

Try raising the front of the disco so the expansion tank is higher, or unclip and lift it higher or park facing up a hill.

U may have to drain some of the coolent and then refill very slowly as it says in my Haynes manual.

I had to bleed my RRC facing up a hill (my drive) to get air out of the matrix, no problems with the D1 though :)

Thanks for the replies, luckily my drive does face up hill slightly. Going to do a full coolant change anyway with the cold weather here now. Going to flush out the rad with the hose (will fit a new rad next year) & was wondering if flushing out the heater matrix might help at all to shift the air & any thing else

Just a bit of an update, went to change & bleed the coolant system today but after removing the top cover above the rad (wanted to check down the front) I noticed a patch about 4" long of white crystal stuff along where the fins meet the header :o Am I right in thinking that the rad is leaking & this is prob where i'm getting air into the system ?