wolf rims and studs

Bought 5 new BFG 235 AT tyres on new Wolf rims (genuine LR) for my early 110. To myth suprise the studs are to short, the nuts stay aprox 5 mm clear from the top of the studs so too dangerous to use. The size of the studs is exactly the same like the tdi's or td5. The Wolf rims use thicker steel (8 mm) and the nut holes are not flat on the rear of the rim like my old ones. Any idea what I can do. Longer studs, if and where they are available or??? I'm overlanding through Africa and at the moment stuck in South Africa. Hope someone can help me.

Dutch Pete

Bought 5 new BFG 235 AT tyres on new Wolf rims (genuine LR) for my early 110. To myth suprise the studs are to short, the nuts stay aprox 5 mm clear from the top of the studs so too dangerous to use. The size of the studs is exactly the same like the tdi's or td5. The Wolf rims use thicker steel (8 mm) and the nut holes are not flat on the rear of the rim like my old ones. Any idea what I can do. Longer studs, if and where they are available or??? I'm overlanding through Africa and at the moment stuck in South Africa. Hope someone can help me.

Dutch Pete

Mine have been like that for years top of the stud sits inside the wheel nut, passed several MOT's like that, been checked by the boys in blue as well after bneing accused of nicking someones wheels at an auto jumble meerly because my wheels looked the ones he had bought and then left ties to his tow hitch on his wifes car while he fetched his landy from the car park - the rozzers found no case to answer and raised no concerns with my wheels other than I was 5mm of the wear bars on the from tyres

On checking up on stud length as long as the thread is engaged and torque achieved there should be no concerns if you had 'domed/acorn' style wheel nuts you would not see where the stud ended