Cranked Radius arms or Offset Bushes on a 90

Hi Everyone,

I have been driving around in 90 with rather wandering steering for too long now (particularly on lift off and take up through the gears), and as all other components have been replaced (steering damper, front dampers,props etc) I am looking to take the plunge and get all of the old and cracked bushes replaced in the front radius arms (the rears were done last year). the truck has a 2" lift and scorpion racing rear cranked arms and the props are both wide angle jobbies. So would it be advisable to spend loads on some QT style cranked arms £200 (then bushes too), purchase some super-pro offset bushes £100 or buy some used arms and have the rear ends cranked by a company who's name escapes me £25ish?

The truck tends to only be used at Tixover, Yarwell etc and occasionally on the road when fed up of driving a car that requires no real driver input!

Your thoughts will be welcomed.

Dave.

Are the steering bushes ok?

They can make a huge difference to the feel of the front end.

I'd not personally use cranked arms again. The front wide angle prop will have to be replaced with a double cardon version and i found no difference on the steering.

Just my 2pence worth

:)

As far as i know the steering bushes are fine, if you mean the balljoints then the track rod and steering bar were replaced last year with reinforced ones from paddocks,so I'd assume that they are ok. I haven't looked at the "A" frame ball joint or owt but to be honest I really don't know which way to go on these front radius arms. Do I stay with standard and protect the props, or go crancked and improve the steering wander. Am thinking that once you modify one part then it impacts on another.

For a 2" lift i woundnt bother.. keep with the orignals. i havent ever changed the front arms for a 2" lift and the drive and tyre wear is perfect!

If you replace your arms for cranked ones you will need to buy a new double joint type prop shaft £££'S!

But really you do not need to change these for a 2" lift unless your wallet is on fire and need to empty it fast. oh and if you like pretty colours!

For a 2" lift i woundnt bother.. keep with the orignals. i havent ever changed the front arms for a 2" lift and the drive and tyre wear is perfect!

If you replace your arms for cranked ones you will need to buy a new double joint type prop shaft £££'S!

But really you do not need to change these for a 2" lift unless your wallet is on fire and need to empty it fast. oh and if you like pretty colours!

Thanks for that. I think i'll just fit polyurethane bushes and see how it goes.

Dave

I wouldn't fit castor correcting arms or bushes. As said arms will affect the front prop and bushes wear out. Go with re-drilled swivels or re-jigged front axle casing....just IMHO :)

Agree but NOT for a 2" lift imo really no need

Agree but NOT for a 2" lift imo really no need

With Land Rover you really cannot claim that since they vary about 2-4 degrees right from the factory stock, sometimes lifting actually fixes things, sometimes it puts them out by as much as 9-10% which is bad. Do your lift, and then measure the angle, until you know how far out it is you do not know if it is a real or imaginary problem.