parrot handsfree kit

j55ptk

I would have though it simply comes down to whether the head unit has a phone mute input. I can't see one on the wiring diagrams, but that might just mean that land rover didn't use it - and the ones I have printed are for the earlier system, though I don't think it differs much in that area. It wouldn't stop you using the hands free kit, anyway - as long as you don't mind hitting the power button on the stereo as well as the answer call button :)

Hmm, or does the kit use the car stereo for sound output? As far as I know the standard head unit doesn't have an aux input.

The Parrot is quite versatile. It sits in line between the head unit and speakers.. Effectively muting the speakers and using them for the phone !

Neil

In which case there should be no problem using it, though you may have to turn the volume well down as the high line sound system uses a slightly odd level between the head unit and power amps in the doors - it's in between normal speaker outputs and line level.

As geoff points out, the speakers are IIRC all amplified, it may be slightly tricky.

If it's like the last one I fitted it doesn't need a radio mute etc, it takes the speakers going in one side and then lets the sound come out the other side, if a call comes in it switches over automatically. It's only meant to work with standard speakers and cables though - so not sure how you'll get on - then there is the extra odd bits like the amp and sub for the rear. I bet they'll be on separate cables so how will you mute them?

Good luck with it! Let us know how you get on

then there is the extra odd bits like the amp and sub for the rear. I bet they'll be on separate cables so how will you mute them?

The sub channel is run through the main connector with the other speaker lines, so as long as the hands free kit at least breaks that channel you should be okay.