Drum roll - Cough - Some Polybushes are actually good

Hybrid_From_Hell

:blink:

I am "Not a Lover" of Polybushes (as many here will know) but I have a late late rear disk axle on the 90,

the type with the steel cups top and bottom of the casing (and yes I know some people cut them off but

they are quite clever design) and with the suspension mods on springs, +5 inch N73s, reduced Bump stops etc,

relocation cones, arms, washers, bushes etc etc etc I found a set of genuines on the bottom of the shock x2

each side wore out horrendously fast :(

A knowledgeable mate who equally doesn'ty like polybushes (He takes them off trucks at where he works and gives

them to his dogs as 'chews' :rofl: ) said that he had to actually admit that the Polybush Blues Part No 1W for

the 4 shaped blue bushes are VVVG for this sort of thing and last better than genuines, and I can report having

fitted they are too, and cheap

There you go, a shock horror exclusive - thought others might be interested

:)

Nige

:blink:

I am "Not a Lover" of Polybushes (as many here will know) but I have a late late rear disk axle on the 90,

the type with the steel cups top and bottom of the casing (and yes I know some people cut them off but

they are quite clever design) and with the suspension mods on springs, +5 inch N73s, reduced Bump stops etc,

relocation cones, arms, washers, bushes etc etc etc I found a set of genuines on the bottom of the shock x2

each side wore out horrendously fast :(

A knowledgeable mate who equally doesn'ty like polybushes (He takes them off trucks at where he works and gives

them to his dogs as 'chews' :rofl: ) said that he had to actually admit that the Polybush Blues Part No 1W for

the 4 shaped blue bushes are VVVG for this sort of thing and last better than genuines, and I can report having

fitted they are too, and cheap

There you go, a shock horror exclusive - thought others might be interested

:)

Nige

Hackers get everywhere - Mods, there's someone pretending to be HFH on here!

Unlike HFH, I am a lover of Polybushes. I have never had them fitted to the shocks though, most bushes seem to last at least as long as the shocks do.

I have all axle to radius arm bushes in red (firm), and all radius arm to chassis in blue (less firm), all genuine PBs. The panhard rod has red bushes too. These have been on my Ninety for more years than I can remember and are still in good shape.

I used to get right peed orf constantly changing chassis end bushes, but not since the PB era began :) I'll have no hesitation using them again when the time comes.

I too like polybushes in their place - and have a mixture of them and genuine ones on the racer.

However the one place I've had problems with polybushes is on shock absorbers. We used to use eye-to-eye Procomps and quite regularly 'shattered' polybushes whilst the rubber variety just wore out!

in the spring when mine undergoes its yearly spring time fettling week before the years trailling begins - i'll be removing some of my polybushes and replaceing them with genuine rubber.

i went for the new poly bush orange - medium duty ones - and i find the ride is far too crashy compared to worn out genuine ones! I dont like it.

So the axle ends of the radius arms will keep the polys and the chassis end will get rubber. Panhard rod can keep poly too. i think this will give me a good compromise between stiffness and control and a bit more give for road work.

Also i never fitted pollybushes to the shocks. Was told they are too hard and can cause the fixings to fracture, my 6 year old procomps have still got the original rubber bushes in that were there fitted to the old genuine landrover shocks they replaced :D those bushes are propably older than i am and still going strong, so they can stay!