discovery 200 reverse lamps

muddy4x4xfar

hey all my 1993 discovery 200 tdi reverse lamps have stopped working on both sides . iv checked the fuses all seem to be working fine . anybody any idea on what else it could be i wondered if it cold be the reverse switch on the gear box but how would i get to that .

sorry if i seem to be abit of a dummy.

any help would be very much apprieciated.

This is what you will be looking for ↓ on the LH side of the transmission. Follow the wires to see if there is a bad connection or break.

Hi Todd....what manual or CD is that pic from?

Is it a social comment to wish you Happy New Year :)

G'day Todd, G'day Dave. Is that switch one of those that screws in? Could it have unscrewed a tad?

Hi F_F and a Happy New Year....Yes, the switch screws in. I have not seen one loosen up but it is a possibility, I know when you install a new switch, you have to "set it".

If you have a faulty one, try screwing it in a tad further.

Hello landi41 & F_F, Happy New Years ;)

That manual that I was looking through is "Elec. Troubleshooting Manual - LJBEMENR95 (1995)" that I had sitting around in the computer for some time. Yes the switch itself can be the culprit just as well as the wiring to the lights. :unsure: Too bad it wasn't the fuse, it would have been much easier to solve.

Todd.

hey all my 1993 discovery 200 tdi reverse lamps have stopped working on both sides . iv checked the fuses all seem to be working fine . anybody any idea on what else it could be i wondered if it cold be the reverse switch on the gear box but how would i get to that .

sorry if i seem to be abit of a dummy.

any help would be very much apprieciated.

You have checked the bulbs?

This is what you will be looking for ↓ on the LH side of the transmission. Follow the wires to see if there is a bad connection or break.

That is an R380 box, the OP has a LT77 box so the reverse light switch is on the top of the box, accessed easiest from under the centre console.

You will probably need a new switch.