resistance on ign coil

terratology

I don't know what the resistance should be but would guess its in the order of less than 100 Ohms (with low tension connections disconnected)

If you see significantly higher then it is likely failed - if the the engine has been starting o.k until these cold temperatures I would be looking at a 'weak' ignition system so check earths, leads & in particular that you are getting battery voltage to the coil as the battery voltage will fall noticeably in colder temperatures exacerbating a weak voltage problem

I think you should be looking at battery voltage on both - & + connections to the coil with everything connected and ignition on.

Forget about coolant temp sensor as too much fuel in this weather is probably only just enough for getting the engine to at least cough & splutter! I can disconnect mine and it doesn't stop it running at all

Dont woory, its all fixed. A slightly under voltage battery was the problem. Enough to spin it in warmer weather but not when it started to freeze. Rangys runnning better than ever now though as it made me clean and gap the plugs, clean rotor arm and dissy!!!!!!!