Cd changer "No disc" ??

Jimbo-TD5

Hi all, I was driving around the other day listening to a CD (in slot 5) and when it finished, it went to read CD6 and came up with "CD6-No disc". It preceeded to check through the discs 1,2,3,4,5,6 coming up with "CD# - No disc" before finally saying "NO DISC" and turning the radio on. Now I cant play CDs at all. Ive tried taking the magazine out,wiggling the CDs and putting them back in, but all it says is "CD check" and after a few secs says "No disc" and puts the radio back on. Its obviously not broke otherwise it wouldnt eject the magazine or talk to the radio. I assume the lasers dirty or something??

anyone know of something like this and how to sort it??

thanks!!

I took my landrover head unit and cd changer out as the buttons fell off the head unit (common fault) and replaced it with a s\h Kenwood head and 6 disc changer, and its suffering from the same thing, some times discs play, sometimes not, and strange scratching noises over the music! play the cds indoors and they are fine, i did wonder if it was the cold? or maybe slight damp(although its not) maybe condensation?? all was well in the summer! just another thought. Ian

I took my landrover head unit and cd changer out as the buttons fell off the head unit (common fault) and replaced it with a s\h Kenwood head and 6 disc changer, and its suffering from the same thing, some times discs play, sometimes not, and strange scratching noises over the music! play the cds indoors and they are fine, i did wonder if it was the cold? or maybe slight damp(although its not) maybe condensation?? all was well in the summer! just another thought. Ian

Mine does the same thing and it's a real pain in the butt! Disc's new or copies will play one day and not the next. Been cursing the cd changer for the past 2 years, still have no idea what the problem is. :angry:

as milliejasper says, Im beginning to wonder if its the cold? It did do this a while ago but once I took it out and put it back in it worked fine, but its not having any of it this time! Ill give it a few weeks till it warms up and see what happens!