Mounting Sedimentor.

ajh

If I am fitting a sedimentor to a 200TDI and have removed the SLU, is there any reason not to install it using the SLU top-bracket mounting location? I have an extended range tank and I am not sure exactly where the "Stock" location for it is but since the draw tube exits forward and the holes are already there (will just make a bracket) seems to be as good a place as any right?

On a similiar topic, what should I use for diesel line to bring it from the rear to the front? Is just using 1/4" stainless for the long run and fitting barbs for fitting flex-line to the ends sensible? I really should have bought two of these so I would have another to look at as I re-assemble :).

On Military 110s and civvy vehicles fitted with the optional Sedimenter, it's mounted on the outside of the chassis rail on the L/H side.

In this position, it catches any water or $h1te in the fuel before it gets too far from the tank.

This is also an ideal place to fit something like the CAV D-Wax fuel heater.

The factory fit plastic fuel pipes front to rear, I think that these are less susceptible to waxing in low temperatures than metal pipes.

Have a look at the Military Parts Books in my signature and the Sedimenter pages in Microcat, they show mountings, pipes, etc...

Diesel waxing is only really a problem in the far north of Canada, in November our pumps all switch to winter diesel which I believe is good to -50C. I was planning on fitting a heated filter head eventually though as I will be blending my own fuel starting next year once I pay off the silly expenses on the 110. I will find a way to get the microcat page printed, I tried to buy a license but the rejected my "application" to do so.

So yeah, my tank layout is quite different but that gives me a good idea of what to connect where :) I hope. Still have not gotten any instructions at all for installing the main or aux tanks from SafariEquip, nor the parts that were missing from my shipment.

Although it's for a 90, rather than a 110, I thought that you might still find this interesting, as it shows the later type of combined mounting bracket/cover that's used with NRC9708, along with Part No's -

Installing fuel sedimentor on Defender 90

He's also written a few other installation articles, here -

http://www.rebaseonu.net/go/story

Which cover the fitting of the following to his Defender 90 -

Aux drive belt: Dayco vs Land Rover branded Dayco

Are they really the same?

Installing fuel sedimentor on Defender 90

Easy to install using factory parts.

Goodridge braided brake hoses

Quick review of Goodridge braided brake hoses. Good performance but connectors differ from genuine, giving room for improvement.

Safari Snorkel installation fiasco

Problems encountered when installing Safari Snorkel model SS-550HF on a LHD vehicle.

Mantec swing-away spare wheel carrier installation

Overview of the installation process.

Polybush Comfort installation

Some pictures about a problem I encountered when installing Polybush Comfort (blue) bushes.

Allmakes GAL048 steering guard installation

Some pictures of Allmakes GAL048 steering guard mounting on Defender 90.

I see that Safari Equip are still hopeless at getting their orders sent out correctly.

It is good kit and they are a nice bunch of people and very helpful, but I've had so many problems getting the correct parts made/sent out. They really need to sort out their order processing/dispatch issues.