Rear Windscreen Wiper

I have bitten a bullet and ordered wiper motor to go onto the new back door. My old one had a grommeted hole for the motor to push through but the new one does not have this. Does anyone have a template, or other way of marking out where to drill the hole in the door. I would prefer to try and get it right first time :rolleyes:

Having got the motor and seen what it comes with (not a lot) I now need to work out the rest of the bits I need.

Also does anyone know what 3 pin plug I will need to get to do my own wiring harness for the motor? It has three flat pins in a row in a sort of oval housing.

Thanks

Just been a bit stupid - went out into arctic wastes and looked at door - suitable sized hole on channel under window so just (?) need to drill straight out through that hole to get through outer skin. So that question answered - apologies.

However, next question is HTF do you attach the motor to the door? It is an AMR3676 made by Britpart. There is an integral bracket and perhaps once I have drilled the hole and fitted the spindle through it will become clear but it does not look like it. I think more parts are in order but any pointers would be helpful. Thanks

Thanks guys. In answer to the various questions the door is of the original type. I have attached an image of the motor.

There is certainly a thread on the end of the thick part of the plastic (it might be metal) spindle and then another thread on the very end. I am assuming the wiper arm screws onto the end thread and I can purchase separately the nut(s) mentioned which will acttach the motor to the door.

On the bracket assembly there are two holes , one on each "wing" that look as though they maybe are rivetted or else attached to door with perhaps an M3 bolt and there is also a sort of roughly M8 sized brass on a thick rubber anti-vibration grommet which looks as though it is meant to be attached to something.

Does that help??

post-3029-126323700844_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect but doing more reading I am slowly getting a sense of the thing. An earlier post refers to the two pin connector as the rear wash - so does this mean I would be better getting the rear door wash reservoir that I have seen rather than getting a two pump front reservoir and then running tubing to the back?

Certainly running wiring back to a rear reservoir would be more effective than running tubing.

Sorry if I am being dense but trying to keep too many balls in the air at one time here!!!

I think I sense another internet order to LR Series coming up!

Certainly running wiring back to a rear reservoir would be more effective than running tubing.

Vehicles the age of yours originally had the twin pumps at the front and tubing to the back, like mine. The plus there is that rear jet never freezes up!

• 1 year later...

Hi, did you manage to connect up the Britpart motor to your wiring and get it working? I have just bought the same motor to fit to my defender which has a replacement rear door. I have the wiring already in place to the door hinge corner but they have been cut. Did you manage to source the correct connectors for the 2 pin and the 3 pin sockets on the wiper motor?

Any help with which colour wires go to which connectors would be great.

Thanks.

DSC00550.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg