Stationwagon rear side windows

The rear side windows in our 110 Stationwagon are, for some reason, perspex and not very see-through anymore, they also don't slide, but that doesn't bother me. Looking at the price of replacement glass and also thinking of keeping water and tea-leaves out, I'd like to replace them with single fixed windows. Has anyone done this - is it just a case of taking out the old windows and frames in fitting in something like MWC4733? If so, any leads to cheaper that £140 a side?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Mike, where to get them. Exmod do them for i think £60 each. Can i get em cheaper?

http://www.exmod.co.uk/othervehicles.html (right at the bottom)

Talk around the chez birds is sunday lunch in Stockton...how you fixed? Nothing concrete yet but if you're OK we might be able to get up there. I'm looking for a second set of eyes on the 110.

I am also thinking of changing my rear sliding windows on my 1990 defender 110 station wagon to either a fixed glass ones or if I can get new rear sliding windows. Where can I source new sliding windows. Also there is a felt strip to prevent rattle between the windows, does anyone know how to insert a new felt?

Prith

i'm going to try to replce the felt (already have it) but its a bit cold a wet at the moment. The old is easy to remove but i'm not sure it will be easy to fit the new stuff as you don't seem to be able to remove the glass. You can remove the top spacer (top of frame at rear) that allows you to open the window more but thats still not enough really. Anyhow i'll post once i've done it but it might be a while as its not something i want to do in the snow and minus temps. Click the watch topic button at the top of the page.

I'll do one and take photos when i do the second. I still think solids are the way.

i replaced the felt on my rear windows, and is relativly easy to get the new felt in, just a case of sliding the window over the new strip so its pinched between the glass and body then manipulating the felt into its channel, took around 15mins per side to do..and i got mine from LR was about £5

however having done this around 10 months ago the windows are now starting to rattle again (these weather conditions have made the felt worse)..alternatives are out there like felt lined U-channel which i will be going for next time around

The rear side windows in our 110 Stationwagon are, for some reason, perspex and not very see-through anymore, they also don't slide, but that doesn't bother me. Looking at the price of replacement glass and also thinking of keeping water and tea-leaves out, I'd like to replace them with single fixed windows. Has anyone done this - is it just a case of taking out the old windows and frames in fitting in something like MWC4733? If so, any leads to cheaper that £140 a side?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Hi,

Just priced this up at National Windscreens in Docaster, this price is for one piece glass non-opening and with Limo tint on (dark stuff)

£150 for both sides, and i have the choice of using the origonal frames, or going frameless, just window rubber which is the way i think i will go.

Regards

Keith