The Clubman Challenge 2010 Entries Now Open

Matt BADLRC

Barney, If everybody dose as they said they would and post us an entry form we will have a nice sized list to publish shortly.

One thing that has been bought to my attention today by the MSA is as follows:-

All Challenge competitors competing in 2010 will require an MSA Clubman's Competition Licence at the cost of £23 (for a licence valid for 12 months) If your co driver (winch man) normally drives at some point during the event he will require one also, but if he normally winches for you all day then he will just need his club membership card

I will update The Clubman Challenge website to this effect with the required MSA application form shortly. Those of you doing the XTC will of course have this in hand already :)

Barney, If everybody dose as they said they would and post us an entry form we will have a nice sized list to publish shortly.

All Challenge competitors competing in 2010 will require an MSA Clubman's Competition Licence at the cost of £23 (for a licence valid for 12 months) If your co driver (winch man) normally drives at some point during the event he will require one also, but if he normally winches for you all day then he will just need his club membership card

I will update The Clubman Challenge website to this effect with the required MSA application form shortly. Those of you doing the XTC will of course have this in hand already :)

That's a speed licence!! and even quick winches ant that quick! Yet?.. So only applies to speed events and SS sections alough timed are to short to count (200 mtrs Ish).

Would you care to enlighten us as to where this requirement has come from?

That's a speed licence!! and even quick winches ant that quick! Yet?.. So only applies to speed events and SS sections alough timed are to short to count (200 mtrs Ish).

O i have done a little investigation and it seems that ALL MSA affiliated club Challenges DRIVERS need a licence as from 2009 year end.Weather or not the club running the event has had there sr accepted already this is a mandatory thing.

O i have done a little investigation and it seems that ALL MSA affiliated club Challenges DRIVERS need a licence as from 2009 year end.Weather or not the club running the event has had there sr accepted already this is a mandatory thing.

If the event SR's allow either crew member to drive, then both members of the crew will require a competition Licence should the winch person want to drive during the event.

If the event SR's allow either crew member to drive, then both members of the crew will require a competition Licence should the winch person want to drive during the event.

Sorry i did not make that clear,did i. I wonder what the MSA have instore for us next year, now we have (4x4 challengers )fallen into there OFFICIAL spotlight!!!

Another complete and utter RIP OFF, isn't part of the entrance fee already going to the MSA.

Is MSA an acronym for MONEY SHIFTING A**E's, or is it MORE SHAFTED AMATEURS ??????????

Is this going to apply to triallers etc as well and do we have to use the MSA ???????

Really winds me up this somebody else in this fair and honest country shafting me again for money.

Another complete and utter RIP OFF, isn't part of the entrance fee already going to the MSA.

Is MSA an acronym for MONEY SHIFTING A**E's, or is it MORE SHAFTED AMATEURS ??????????

Is this going to apply to triallers etc as well and do we have to use the MSA ???????

Really winds me up this somebody else in this fair and honest country shafting me again for money.

MSA is basicly insurance, and if u have a accident and hert /or are hert u would be glad of it, afterall we live in a health and safty /sue u first for all i can get society.... i strongly dont like the poll tax but i like the fact that the fireservice will pop round and put out my workshopm when i have a plasma cutter moment ect. Sorry if u have any money, and want to do SOMETHING u will HAVE TO PART WITH IT. BUMMER ANT IT!

Enjoy it whilst u can as offroading has fallen in the MSA spotlight there may be some other changes that may not be to ur licking!!!!!!dunno what but sods law says its going to happen :(

If we stop and think, anybody that has been doing Time Trial's, Team Recovery, Comp Safari's will have had a competition licence for donkeys years, and if you wanted to join them you would have to follow suit and apply for a competition licence and nobody would bat an eye lid.

These days there are probably more challenge events held than any of the above speed type events, its is because of the scope of what can be incorporated into the events these days that the competition licence has been introduced to the challenge event.

Either I am been very miss informed or somebody is very mistaken and should be careful where he points his plasma cutter and his advice.

So let me get this correct, the MSA insurses my well being at an event, but I have never seen a policy or what I am covered for, I was under the impression that the MSA covered the CLUB and not the individual for public liability etc in the event of a mishap, providing that the club had followed their guidelines and rules. Also any event official of the MSA also has a limited cover.

The cover is quite clear if you read the MSA website.

So you are saying that by having a comp licence will I now be insured as an individual, so next time out if I hurt my wrist etc they will pay for any time of work and expenses incurred, which bleedin apple tree do you honestly believe I fell out off ??

I have a very good personal insurance which is quite expensive and costs an awful lot more than £23 a year, so I wonder if the MSA do a family plan, could save me a fortune ???

With a usual blanket speed restriction of 15mph how on earth can a NORMAL Challenge be classed as a speed event ? or with licence can we now drive at any speed we deem OK, because we have an MSA licence and are insured !!!

If I had wanted to do point to point, or Team recovery or Comp safari, then yep no problem, that's par for the course to stump up and obtain a Clubman licence, but I have not entered any so can not see the point of having to have one, I used to have one years ago whilst competing in road rally and stage events and a RAC comp licence prior to that, but again they were timed speed events.

I hope somebody from the club's challenges this new regulation and represents its members and not just lies down and accepts more dictation from the MSA.

£23 works out at less than 50p per week week, but its the principle and the reasoning behind it that irks me.

Either I am been very miss informed or somebody is very mistaken and should be careful where he points his plasma cutter and his advice.

So let me get this correct, the MSA insurses my well being at an event, but I have never seen a policy or what I am covered for, I was under the impression that the MSA covered the CLUB and not the individual for public liability etc in the event of a mishap, providing that the club had followed their guidelines and rules. Also any event official of the MSA also has a limited cover.

So you are saying that by having a comp licence will I now be insured as an individual, so next time out if I hurt my wrist etc they will pay for any time of work and expenses incurred, which bleedin apple tree do you honestly believe I fell out off ??

I have a very good personal insurance which is quite expensive and costs an awful lot more than £23 a year, so I wonder if the MSA do a family plan, could save me a fortune ???

With a usual blanket speed restriction of 15mph how on earth can a NORMAL Challenge be classed as a speed event ? or with licence can we now drive at any speed we deem OK, because we have an MSA licence and are insured !!!

If I had wanted to do point to point, or Team recovery or Comp safari, then yep no problem, that's par for the course to stump up and obtain a Clubman licence, but I have not entered any so can not see the point of having to have one, I used to have one years ago whilst competing in road rally and stage events and a RAC comp licence prior to that, but again they were timed speed events.

I hope somebody from the club's challenges this new regulation and represents its members and not just lies down and accepts more dictation from the MSA.

£23 works out at less than 50p per week week, but its the principle and the reasoning behind it that irks me.

I am carfull with my plasma cutter!!!usually set fire to nothing more interesting tham myself ;) im with u on the principle bit! why not ask the msa for there exact reasoning/ justification!!!! and see just what u get for ur 50p per week!

So let me get this correct, the MSA insurers my well being at an event, but I have never seen a policy or what I am covered for, I was under the impression that the MSA covered the CLUB and not the individual for public liability etc in the event of a mishap, providing that the club had followed their guidelines and rules. Also any event official of the MSA also has a limited cover.

Boothy when I asked the question how come the competition licence, I was told is was the decision of the cross country committe that had been looking at challenge events during 2009, and because the way the events are going and the amount of events held, they came to this decsision. Its is my understanding that it is the event that is insured by the MSA, by running to their rules and regulations they insure the event, and issue us with a permit to allow motor sport to take place on private property etc.

In order that everybody can be correctly informed I will ask the question why the licence is required and report back the outcome on here Monday PM

Nice to see ur over the flue mate and back on parr

Ok here's my view and please correct me if i'm wrong.

The reason behind the licence is to cover the fact that clubs essentially run interclub challenges not just internal club. so therefore surely this eliviates the problem of HAVING to join a perticular club to compete in there events and be eligable for champoin ship points.

If we had just left these events as internal club do's and not invited other clubs then we probably skipped this.

so yes it costs £23 but you don't have to join 3 or 4 clubs to compete.

please tell me if i'm wrong?

oh and are you over the flue or are these just ramblings that you ramdomly get with man flue. only difference being that on the computer we can understand what your trying to say :lol::lol:

I dont think he's ever suffered from a bout of shyness, or tact! just a cold!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !

Nice to have u back Criss, would'nt be the same with out u!