Pants !

Les Brock

my logbook doesnt have an engine cc or an engine number, at this rate Im gonna keep it that way <_<

Quite right, Ive got quite a few with minimal details on (all on SORN of course!).

I consider these more precious than some of the Tax exempt V5's.

I have more than a few which just say "4x4 light utility", no engine #, no cc capacity, and one with no fuel either (on a leafer though).

That said, I have changed my V5's every time there has been a change, the V5 has been returned quickly without question - admittedly I dont have a coiler on leafer V5 etc or diesel in a petrol V5 etc.

Even the change from 2.25ltr to 3.5ltr was done without question and taxation class - but I guess this was because of the tax exempt status - the car still makes the points.

Ps - I do have all the cars for which I have V5's before somebody asks!

Moving slightly OT, I've got a number of V5s and cars from before the SORN regs came in. I don't get a reminder asking me to SORN them, but they're there for a rainy day rebuild. Do these cars still exist with DVLA?

Sorry to hear about yr news Les. I'd say if you SVA it there are no probs in the future.

Moving slightly OT, I've got a number of V5s and cars from before the SORN regs came in. I don't get a reminder asking me to SORN them, but they're there for a rainy day rebuild. Do these cars still exist with DVLA?

Sorry to hear about yr news Les. I'd say if you SVA it there are no probs in the future.

unless they've been declared as scrapped, then yes - here is website that you can check taxation status

EDITED: wrong site; this shows details of vehicle; there is an other that gives taxation status, need to rummage about to find that one.

You only need to make a SORN for a vehicle that had a licence in force on or after 31 January 1998.

seems my MGB is still there, and still the same colour.

Manufacturer MG

Model B

Body type SPORTS

Colour WHITE

Fuel type PETROL

Date manufactured 01 January 0001 <--- hm, 1972 K reg ???? :huh:

Number of previous owners 10

Last owner change 17 August 2003 <-- one of them was me!!!! :rolleyes:

and the lwt:

Manufacturer LAND ROVER

Model

Body type NOT RECORDED

Colour

Fuel type APPLE JUICE

Date manufactured 31 December 1977

Number of previous owners 9

Last owner change 09 November 2000 <<---- still me!

Erm - date of manufacture 0001?

Manufacturer LAND ROVER

Model 88" - 4 CYL

Body type LIGHT 4x4 UTILITY

Colour GREEN

Fuel type PETROL

Date manufactured 01 January 0001

Number of previous owners 3

Last owner change 05 April 2004

And Catflap:-

Manufacturer LAND ROVER

Model 88" - 4 CYL

Body type LIGHT GOODS

Colour

Fuel type PETROL

Date manufactured 31 December 1972

Number of previous owners 8

Last owner change 30 March 2002

The 2A (which is 1967)

Manufacturer LAND ROVER

Model 88" - 4 CYL

Body type LIGHT 4x4 UTILITY

Colour

Fuel type HEAVY OIL

Date manufactured 01 January 0001

Number of previous owners 6

Last owner change 11 September 2005

Les.

Did they send you a V5c through for these when the changed over to the news style log book? If not they you need to apply to the DVLA for a new one, at which point they may ask some difficult questions.

Did they send you a V5c through for these when the changed over to the news style log book? If not they you need to apply to the DVLA for a new one, at which point they may ask some difficult questions.

you mean like:

1. What is the capital of Botswana?

2. Who wrote the novel Moby Dick?

3. What is the origin of the word POSH

:rolleyes:

Nope - I'll have to wait until I start to rebuild one then, and there's plenty of work to be done on the Ninety yet!

The RAC website seems to have bad data on date of manufacture, my Ninety has the right year but says 30th Dec 1984 - V5 says 1st August 1984 (making it a very early Ninety).

My Mum's old Volvo (owned from new, sitting 'spare'):

Date manufactured 31 December 1983/

Number of previous owners 0

Last owner change 22 March 1983

Go figure...

Thanks for all the comments,

still in a bit of a quandry what to do, there sending me some "forms" to fill in.....sounds ominous :unsure:

Not sure why this happened, it been a Hybrid for donkeys years (insurance companys should be able to confirm its been insured as one from the day it was put back on the road), the Engine's only 1 point in the new system anyway.

never been a problem before...untill now....

sounds like a 90 is the way to go and transfer all the blingy bits, anyone got one for sale cheep....really cheep.... ;)

makes me wonder how this will affect all the 90's being bobtailed though !, as this will come under the chassis modification clause

Guest diesel_jim
you mean like:

1. What is the capital of Botswana?

2. Who wrote the novel Moby Dick?

3. What is the origin of the word POSH

:rolleyes:

1) Gaborone

2) Herman Melville

3) from "rich" folk who could afford to have south facing cabins "port out starbourd home"

see.... easy! :rolleyes::blink::blink::D

I had my 90 SVA'd when i built it (finished about 4 years ago). the SVA test was easy, i was in and out in 35 minutes, thats paperwork and all.

for just an engine change i can't see that they'de SVA vehicles, just for things like VIN number movement or changing vehicles from 90 to 110 (thats how i got collared, trying to change my old 110 into a 90 on the logbook)