Side Lockers

Guys, I'm sure you can help!! I am looking for some rear side lockers for my 110 at the moment, not the ones that fit in the wheel arches but the type that replace the rear side windows. done the Google bit but only come up with the wheel arch ones.

Please help!!

Cheers, Jason.

I'm sure theese are avalible from footlose 4x4 seen a 110 at there yard with these fitted

Thanks West, I had a look on their web site but not a lot of help I will give them a call in the morning.

Does anyone know what sort of money we are talking about?

There is a thread somewhere on here, where I posted up all the prices after I enquired about this exact thing.

Nene Overland = £495 per door. That is £495 PER SIDE. Robbing gits. Although, when I last spoke to them, they were looking at ways of getting this cost down, as they were aware that they were by far the most expensive supplier.

Footloose = £250 (ish) per side. I dont like the locks on these ones.

They are also available from Trek Overalnd for about £150 per side.

You will notice that they come individually, and not as a pair. The Trek Overalnd ones are the ones I am going with, and not only because of the price. Trek offers the greatest scope for customisation - you can have your choice of locks, upper or lower opening etc.

There is a thread somewhere on here, where I posted up all the prices after I enquired about this exact thing.

Nene Overland = £495 per door. That is £495 PER SIDE. Robbing gits.

Footloose = £250 (ish) per side

They are also available from Trek Overalnd for about £150 per side.

You will notice that they come individually, and not as a pair. The Trek Overalnd ones are the ones I am going with, and not only because of the price. Trek offers the greatest scope for customisation - you can have your choice of locks, upper or lower opening etc.

Cheers mate, I knew someone would know. I did search first before posting Honest!! I will give trek an call and see what they can do.

Thanks again to all for their help and advise, as usual spot on.

try googling ' horse box builders/component/suppliers, they'llmake 'any size' and well cheap too, prob about £100 per side with frame and lock, and they're shiny ally. top hung side hung, 2 door, you ask they make!

Thanks, will take a look and see if they will make the box element as well as the door.

You will think I am mad but just read this anyway! In a past life i had a lot of dealings with horse box makers but also boat builders, the build quality and ideas of most boat builders is far higher, and their ways of fitting 'things into small spaces is normally genius. Sadly I have no contact with the boat building company anymore (the owner has died and the business sold) but if you are near the coast might be worth a try? You may have to chisel past the snotty receptionist at most boat builders (boat builders receptionist went to the same school as doctors receptionists -i can say that save in the knowledge that mother in law does reception work for father in law the dr. a normal placid charming lady turns into a nutter once given a pen, phone and appointments book!!)

Oakley in Ware herts are 'the' name in horse boxes, they may provide 'shiny' and smart looking horse boxes interiors and exteriors but as i say their ideas are way behind what a boat builder will fit into the same hole.

Or if you want just the doors made up Ifor Williams (not that you guess but the are in Wales -North i think) make loads of covers and trailers build quality not stunning but again may be worth a call.

You will think I am mad but just read this anyway! In a past life i had a lot of dealings with horse box makers but also boat builders, the build quality and ideas of most boat builders is far higher, and their ways of fitting 'things into small spaces is normally genius. Sadly I have no contact with the boat building company anymore (the owner has died and the business sold) but if you are near the coast might be worth a try? You may have to chisel past the snotty receptionist at most boat builders (boat builders receptionist went to the same school as doctors receptionists -i can say that save in the knowledge that mother in law does reception work for father in law the dr. a normal placid charming lady turns into a nutter once given a pen, phone and appointments book!!)

Oakley in Ware herts are 'the' name in horse boxes, they may provide 'shiny' and smart looking horse boxes interiors and exteriors but as i say their ideas are way behind what a boat builder will fit into the same hole.

Or if you want just the doors made up Ifor Williams (not that you guess but the are in Wales -North i think) make loads of covers and trailers build quality not stunning but again may be worth a call.

Thanks for the comprehensive answer, I have a few decisions to make before I move forward with this type of locks and hinge top bottom etc, but will update when I have decided and purchaced some!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I just had to resurrect this thread....

Just out of interest, yesterday I asked for a quote from Oakley Horse Box builders as mentioned above, and just had a reply back....

Be prepared, it makes the Nene ones look dirt cheap.....

......ready?

.....£2572.90 blink.gifohmy.gif

Think I might pass thanks.

Got mine from Foley SV a good while back, they are almost wolf like but not quite identical. 1 antiluce fixing (lockable), full length hinge towards front of vehicle.

black with fixings and fitting sketch, from memory £350-400 pair. The do hold two water jerry cans properly though (i,e not empty ones). Rubber gasket seal around the doors. rivets and bolts. I added some of my own bracketry for extra piece of mind.

Pete

Got mine from Foley SV a good while back, they are almost wolf like but not quite identical. 1 antiluce fixing (lockable), full length hinge towards front of vehicle.

black with fixings and fitting sketch, from memory £350-400 pair. The do hold two water jerry cans properly though (i,e not empty ones). Rubber gasket seal around the doors. rivets and bolts. I added some of my own bracketry for extra piece of mind.

Pete

Hi Pete,

It's the rear ones we are on about that replace the windows on a 110 not the Jerry can type, Cheers anyway.

Jason.

Guys, I just had to resurrect this thread....

Just out of interest, yesterday I asked for a quote from Oakley Horse Box builders as mentioned above, and just had a reply back....

Be prepared, it makes the Nene ones look dirt cheap.....

......ready?

.....£2572.90 blink.gifohmy.gif

Think I might pass thanks.

I got a quote for the ones from SA they were resonable enough however still waiting for a shiping quote!!!! So don't think I will bother with that route!!rolleyes.gif

Right then folks, you dont try very hard do you! try www.hartfordcommercial.co.uk. they are showing 'skirt doors at 30"x20" for £115 inc vat or smaler one 20"x10" at £67, this is for the door and the frame,lock hinges, but NOT the box that is behind it, but they could make that as well if you like. There are options to tap in any size you like and it gives an instant answer of the price. Now is there anything else you would like done while I'm at it! ;)

Right then folks, you dont try very hard do you! try www.hartfordcommercial.co.uk. they are showing 'skirt doors at 30"x20" for £115 inc vat or smaler one 20"x10" at £67, this is for the door and the frame,lock hinges, but NOT the box that is behind it, but they could make that as well if you like. There are options to tap in any size you like and it gives an instant answer of the price. Now is there anything else you would like done while I'm at it! wink.gif

Well that depends on how good looking you aretongue.gif Thanks for the info!!

Very many thanks for looking for us! :) But I have just plugged the dimensions of a LR side window into it (43"x18") and it comes out at £136, which is too much for something I would be compromising on, as its not 100% what I am after.

I am exploring an option I have tomorrow to see if I can get EXACTLY what I want for a good price.

£2572.90!

Here's some I made earlier; http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=48828

Still got them. In a fetching shade of peeling bronze green!

Inner box was made from marine ply. Screwed, glued and varnished. About £15 to make both. A sub-frame to chassis from 1" sq from scrap yard. Total cost including locks about £35.

Lasted me years and totally waterproof. Inner boxes now doing sterling service on shelf as storage.

Now for £2572 I could make you some really nice ones..............................

£2572.90!

Here's some I made earlier; http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=48828

Still got them. In a fetching shade of peeling bronze green!

Inner box was made from marine ply. Screwed, glued and varnished. About £15 to make both. A sub-frame to chassis from 1" sq from scrap yard. Total cost including locks about £35.

Lasted me years and totally waterproof. Inner boxes now doing sterling service on shelf as storage.

Now for £2572 I could make you some really nice ones..............................

The ones we are after are to replace the rear sliding windows not the jerry can type, we are both looking into diffrent options but most makers out there seem to want to charge as much as a Landy!!