X-Brake conversion - any current users?

Guest wunntenn

It's useful to know that as long as your rear wheels have traction you won't move. That said, I still always leave mine in gear. More out of habit than necessity any more.

Need to sort out my handbrake cable though, it vibrates against the seatbox at idle and certain revs, very very annoying!

Ordered mine when I thought the drum was seized, it now looks like I just had no experience with drums and did not know to slack off the adjuster screw before trying to remove the drum, of course the other 4 I'd removed drums on came off pretty easily even without this...

Now that I've ordered mine, what is the downside of ordering the PTO compatible version vs the normal Defender one? I am not sure if I'll add a PTO drive later but an Overdrive is likely and I figured it's better to be safe than sorry when forking out this much.

I don't doubt for one second the brilliance of the X-brake, but...

Reading the "problems" with Land Rovers drum brake has surprised me a bit, in that I don't have a problem :unsure: . I use mine in quarry trials regularly, our drive is on a steep slope, and yet mine always seems to just work.

Are those with problems 15+ years old or something else, where maybe they were in need of replacement anyway? Just trying to understand really, before reading this thread (or other similar) I hadn't even considered my handbrake - which suggests it's doing it's job :ph34r: