Classic oil cooler leak

DC_

Having went a run to get bolts etc to put my winch bumper on I discovered when I parked up there was oil leaking from one side of my oil cooler just before it oies into the connector at the end on the right hand side!!

Can't see exactly the spot where it's coming out of but can anyone help in a fix? Would it need a new cooler or there somit I could do to sort it?

Will add a pic asap

cheers guys. In the garage just now with cuppa in hand.

In from the garage with new bumper fitted although i think the "bog brush" is gona have to come off anyhoo to get the winch in place as it's a tad tight.

Got he rave CD also so will have a gander through that but if you guys of wisdom can enlighten me would be mucho appreciated!!

Had a look today and looks much like a plumbing job so shouldnt be too bad a job (he says owning a landie)

Just need to try source one now.

As long as the oil isn't pumping i'm assuming there will only be spillage from the pipes?

Cheers

I think I need to get the cooler off then fit the winc. It may slide in then be able to refit cooler.

I'll defo have a look at the archive thread as my luck will need a relocation.

Classic RaRo tranny cooler leak! They all do it.

You can effect a temporary repair with chemical metal, if you can get it clean enough, I did that at the side of the A9 one winter, it lasted until the summer that way.

Paddocks IIRC were doing new coolers at sensible money, Land Rover want a Kings ransom. I took mine to a local radiator repair place who sorted it out, 4 years ago I think it was now. The problem was finding a radiator place that would work on oil coolers, which bemused me as after all it's a radiator full of oil.

I think there's a place east end radiators at Alexandria parade. Might give him a wee ring. If I can't source another one I'll try the chemical metal and see dust joy that brings.

Cheers for the imput :-) keep it coming !

Yup, only spillage from the pipes :)

Depending on how tight the bumper is, you may find you need to relocate the cooler, there's a thread in the tech archive about it :)

does anyone have the link for the tech archive thread?

Think it's gona need relocated :-(

What, this one? 

Only thing I would say is make the top hose a 90, not 45 or straight as in that thread, the straight in that one sticks out way more than mine, and mine is a 45, and I still find it a pain occasionally when trying to plumb in other stuff.

:)

What, this one? 

Only thing I would say is make the top hose a 90, not 45 or straight as in that thread, the straight in that one sticks out way more than mine, and mine is a 45, and I still find it a pain occasionally when trying to plumb in other stuff.

:)

Got the oil cooler fitted for now :)

The winch is a tight fit alright, but i reckon i can bend the original pipes to accomodate moving the cooler up to avoid the winch. Only trouble is it may kink the pipes??

There's enought play in the pipes to do it.

Has anyone tried to bend these pipes?

Didn't try bending them, and would be surprised if you managed it without kinking them as they are steel.... they could easily fracture...

I suppose it depends on how far you need to move it, I shoved mine right up at the top using the old horn mounting holes, nicely out of the way but still in a position where there is good airflow.