Door card removal - rear door

I think thats what they are called :rolleyes:

I need to remove the door card, I've taken about a dozen cross head screws out but it seems to be still held firmly in place, is there some sort of push/snap fitting into the frame ?- don't want to try too hard incase I break something.

Cheers

Chris

its now held in place with some sprung steel press clips. These are located by sliding a screwdriver about an inch in and moving it around the side and bottom of the door frame, when you reach one just lift the screwdriver and they pop out with no damage.

• 4 weeks later...

On the subject of rear doors... We've just bought ourselves a lovely 110 which after a few weekends of TLC is just about ready to return to action. However, the rear door card was missing when we got her and can't seem to find one anywhere! We have managed to source all the other missing bits (apart from the clock...) from around the country but the door card is like finding a needle in a haystack. Any ideas?

Thanks

Kate

On the subject of rear doors... We've just bought ourselves a lovely 110 which after a few weekends of TLC is just about ready to return to action. However, the rear door card was missing when we got her and can't seem to find one anywhere! We have managed to source all the other missing bits (apart from the clock...) from around the country but the door card is like finding a needle in a haystack. Any ideas?

Thanks

Kate

Im on a budget so I have come up with a cheapish fix, piece of ply wood cut to size and a while ago I picked up some black carpet which I intend to use some of to cover the ply before I attach it to my rear door

Cheers Paul

Im on a budget so I have come up with a cheapish fix, piece of ply wood cut to size and a while ago I picked up some black carpet which I intend to use some of to cover the ply before I attach it to my rear door

Cheers Paul

Wont the ply be to thick to let you close the door?

I have done this myself but with 3mm hard board covered it black fake leather. It does the job but it still takes a good shove to close it.

Thanks guys! It looks pretty flash, allthough might have to wait until next month post our mammoth Paddocks-order last weekend...!

I don't suppose anyone you also know where to get hold of an original clock - all we have is a gaping hole in the dash..!

Thanks,

Kate

Wont the ply be to thick to let you close the door?

I have done this myself but with 3mm hard board covered it black fake leather. It does the job but it still takes a good shove to close it.

Sorry the hardboard stuff is what I meant, £2.09 from Wickes and some spray glue £4,I've found that if you spray both surfaces and leave it over night it sticks better and is less messy, im gonna use black pop-rivets to secure it to the door. I measured the hardboard by offering it uo to the door and cutting one shape at a time and trimming until it was about 5-10mm smaller where the nuts, locks etc where as the carpet I used when doubled over the board gives me back the over trim, couple of picss.

post-19709-127114286505_thumb.jpgpost-19709-127114289029_thumb.jpg

Cheers Paul

Thanks guys! It looks pretty flash, allthough might have to wait until next month post our mammoth Paddocks-order last weekend...!

I don't suppose anyone you also know where to get hold of an original clock - all we have is a gaping hole in the dash..!

Thanks,

Kate

That gaping hole can be quite scaryunsure.gifLinky is a clock I found. Good luck!!