Twin Fuel Tanks...

Im building (slowly) a V8 110 from the chassis up. My chassis is a galved td5 and this came already fitted with the standard plastic td5 fuel tank mounted at the rear (oooer). Given that im using a thirsty 4.6 i want to go with twin tanks and mount one at the side as well. What is involved in doing this job properly in regards mounting, plumbing and wiring so that i have an accurate fuel level gauge?

All of the kit is standard the tank for under drivers seat and all the bits to make both tanks work in terms of guage switch over. Very useful people like Western will have probably posted microcat pictures of the stuff. If you have a 110 CSW dashboard there is a blanked switch hole on the gauge console for the fuel switch over switch.

You'll love the 4.6, if it's carbed go for megajolt if it's Efi the megasquirt it, Hybrid from Hell and FrigeFreezer are the men for that.

I have 3 tanks 1 under seat , 1 under rear wheel arch, and main tank in rear. I have one guage as the aux tank under rear wing just adds capacity to main tank, and you read level of both tanks on main guage.

The underseat front tank just gets filled , and when I guess I have room in rear I switch on pump and pump till empty into rear tank so you can read it on guage then. KISS principal applied.