TDCi Gear Knob's

My first post so please be gentle.

I'm the proud owner of a 2007 Defender TDCi (PUMA) and for a good while now I’ve been trying to source a pair of aluminium replacement gear knob's. My search has been conducted mainly over the internet but alas with no joy.

The problem is the new gearbox configuration is not the same as historic versions.

It then dawned on me to try the dealer as the SVX has these so should be available as a replacement part.

I phoned my local dealer and couldn't believe the quotation given...

£359 + VAT for the gear knob and 457 + VAT for the high/low knob so all in all with VAT that is a cool £958.80 for the pair!!! :o:o:o

I remember Jeremy Clarkson talking about the ridiculous price for a replacement indicator arm for a Bugatti Veyron being something like £2,500 but never did I think that it might compare to the price of similar parts for the Humble Landy!!!

Does anyone know where a reasonably priced alternative can be found?

Cheers,

Blue Skies

Bl--dy h-ll, talk about rip off there is no way that price can be justified. Shame on Land Rover that is a blatant customer rip off. If they rip their customers off with something this simple what chance have we with more technical parts?

On the bright side you are much better off not fitting the aluminium knobs, if you do you will regret it in winter as they get freezing cold.

Bl--dy h-ll, talk about rip off there is no way that price can be justified. Shame on Land Rover that is a blatant customer rip off. If they rip their customers off with something this simple what chance have we with more technical parts?

I suspect it is priced (as is much SVX/anniversary stuff) to prevent every Tom, Dick and Harry chavving up his 1958 Landrover 90 Tdi Hybrid and devaluing the caché of the latest product?

Chris

I suspect it is priced (as is much SVX/anniversary stuff) to prevent every Tom, Dick and Harry chavving up his 1958 Landrover 90 Tdi Hybrid and devaluing the caché of the latest product?

Chris

Surely theres other ways than pricing as high as that, what about only selling to people who can tell them the VIN of a TDCi? Its rediculous.