Spec'ing a new defender 90

I can confirm that the Puma engine pulls like a train. With the addition of the super-low 1st gear you'll have no problems.

110 is definitely the better choice - especially if you're going to pull a caravan long distances.

The interior is much better. The seats are better and the heating actually works :) If you were to go for an XS (a it steep £££) then you'd also find that the aircon works! Imagine that - in a Defender :o

Service interval is every 12m.

I can confirm that the Puma engine pulls like a train. With the addition of the super-low 1st gear you'll have no problems.

110 is definitely the better choice - especially if you're going to pull a caravan long distances.

The interior is much better. The seats are better and the heating actually works :) If you were to go for an XS (a it steep £££) then you'd also find that the aircon works! Imagine that - in a Defender :o

Service interval is every 12m.

Thanks alantd, all positive comments. What sort of MPG does yours return?

• 3 months later...

Hi, Well the 110 HT arrived a couple of months ago, I can confirm that it pulls my rig! I might need to chip it tho, it's a tad underpowered but has the grunt I need in low gears to get things moving...

Thanks for everyone here who helped me in making my final decision.

post-23493-099494000 1282842901_thumb.jpg

Nice Airstream! You should strip the paint off the 110 and polish it to match ;)

Is that one of the new Euro spec airstreams or an old grey import?

I was tempted to ask Land Rover whether they could supply one un-painted but was worried what I'd end up with! Yes, it's a European spec'ed International 684, just over 2.5 years old now.