Vibration after UJ fitting

Fitted a new diff end UJ to the rear shaft of the 110 yesterday and all went smoothly, however, out and about today and there is a notable vibration. Any thoughts?

Cheers all.

Fitted a new diff end UJ to the rear shaft of the 110 yesterday and all went smoothly, however, out and about today and there is a notable vibration. Any thoughts?

Cheers all.

Did you take one end of the prop away from the other to do this? If so, you may have spoilt the "phasing" by rotating one end relative to the other.

Did you take one end of the prop away from the other to do this? If so, you may have spoilt the "phasing" by rotating one end relative to the other.

Yeah I did. I did wonder about that. What is the remedy? Simply pull it out, rotate and refit?

Yeah I did. I did wonder about that. What is the remedy? Simply pull it out, rotate and refit?

Yes, and make sure the yokes on each end of the prop itself are lined up or at 90o to each other.

And what Mr Anaconda said too (I couldn't remember if props still came with those neat little arrows :huh: )

Yes, and make sure the yokes on each end of the prop itself are lined up or at 90o to each other.

And what Mr Anaconda said too (I couldn't remember if props still came with those neat little arrows :huh: )

Great. Thanks gents. A virtual pint to you both.

The 9/16 nuts and bolts are'nt loose are they? As I've had that situation in the past a day or so after I did a UJ , I replaced the worn nyloc nuts 2 of them

Its worth checking that the circlips are still in place........... i did a prop once, and as soon as i got up to speed, the circlip that wasn't fully in the groove flew out, as did the uj cup, follwed by the uj.... ended up taking the prop off to drive home!