Rear trailing arm removal?

reggie

I've started to remove some cranked rear trailing arms from one of my rangies & I'm stuck trying to remove the bolts at the axle end. They are polybushed with deflex poly bushes & the bolt on both sides are solid & won't come out. I had a job just removing the nuts themselves & required the use of a jack handle on the ratchet & lots of strength to undo. Finally got the nuts off & thought happy days but the bolts won't slide out at all. I can't figure out why or how to get them out.

I've just removed my old rear arms from my other rangie which had old rusty bolts & knackered old bushes & they came out fine, I'm trying to swap over the rear trailing arms from one rangie to the other.

Has anyone else had this issue?

yep the rust well dont they? a lond of copper ease can sort this but never 100%.

Cut the bolts either side of the trailing arms and remove. use OE bushes and new bolts shouldn't have the problem again :)

I have already cut the bolts either side of the trailing arm as a last resort & tried knocking the remaining part through but it won't budge! I have also got some copper grease & some new bolts for reassembly so I don't have the issue again.

Splay the bracket from underneath slightly with a pry bar or chisel and hammer, I find I often have to do that to get the new bush in anyways... it should then lever out with a pry bar/large screwdriver.

Splay the bracket from underneath slightly with a pry bar or chisel and hammer, I find I often have to do that to get the new bush in anyways... it should then lever out with a pry bar/large screwdriver.

I've tried that using a hammer & chisel, it's just starting to damage the bush & isn't really opening up enough. I'm trying not to damage the polybush either as I want to re-use them on the standard arms, I also have a new set of super pros to go on the rangie the cranked arms are going on.

As already said mate, you're well past saving the old bush. I had to use a grinder on mine, front AND rear. As said, slice up between the bracket and the trailing arm on at least on side then pry/pull the arm down and out. As said from the sound of it you're well past saving the bush if they're that seized.

Sack off the polybushes anyway. Replace with OE originals...

Maybe I'll have to scrap the polybush in the end as been said, just wanted to keep them on the whole car as I'm selling it & it's a better seller fully polybushed with all the rest of the bits fitted as well.