Donor Disco

Having acquired a donor disco to convert my 110 to 200Tdi power I now need to strip all the bits I could possibly need out of it and get rid of the shell. The missus, patient as she is, will start to ask questions soon about the two rusting hulks on the drive!! :-) I have a fairly comprehensive shopping list of the bits I need from the 200 Tdi Conversion threads in the tech archive, but what of the other bits? My truck will mainly be used on-road as a daily driver and weekend plaything/camper - so is it worth slapping on the disco transfer box? The diffs?

Thusfar the list is:

Engine (obviously)

All hoses+plumbing+air filter box

Exhaust to donate pipe sections

PAS bits

Rad+intercooler+bits

Rear axle for disc conversion (or straight swap? Is this possible?)

Wheels

All suggestions/thoughts gratefully recieved....

If putting on big tyres (Anything bigger than standard 205 tyres IMO), don't bother with the disco Transfer box, if not then yes put it on (will make it very good on long distances).

Diffs are the same ratio (i think), but may be stronger (more splines, spread the load) on the newer disco axles, depending on age of course.

Cannot comment on other things needed though.

Certainly strip as many spares as you can accommodate. Diffs, shafts, PAS box, track rods. If you don't use the Disco t/box I'm sure someone will buy it from you. Don't bin any more than you absolutely have to :lol:

Rear axle swap wil depend on whether you currently have a Salisbury unit on your truck. If you have I'd stay with that, otherwise, yes the axle will swap.

If putting on big tyres (Anything bigger than standard 205 tyres IMO), don't bother with the disco Transfer box, if not then yes put it on (will make it very good on long distances).

Actually am quite likely to stick with small tyres for on for road miles, and maybe stick a set of mud-plugging boots for the weekend on the defender steelies?

Certainly strip as many spares as you can accommodate. Diffs, shafts, PAS box, track rods. If you don't use the Disco t/box I'm sure someone will buy it from you. Don't bin any more than you absolutely have to

Rear axle swap wil depend on whether you currently have a Salisbury unit on your truck. If you have I'd stay with that, otherwise, yes the axle will swap.

Okie dokie, will pickup some racking and get stripping! :huh:

TBH I haven't checked what's currently fitted rear-axle-wise, all I know is that it's drums and I want to change them. I know, properly working drums at the back 'will' stop a 110 effectively, but nevertheless...