Where can I find...

bishbosh

When I was having fun with my rear wheel bearing at JST's event (FSWC2) recently, some kind soul gave me a length of emery tape about 1" wide that he tore off a huge roll. I think it was Dunster Steve, anyway, whoever it was, thanks,because it was great stuff.

My question is, where can I get some from? I have just discovered that a replacement stub axle is LR supply only and is £105 + the dreaded! :o So I am going to try and salvage the one I have. Worst case is that I'll go through wheel bearings a bit quick, but at £14 a pair I can afford that!

So come on, anyone got any clues?

are you sure about that stubb axle price, i bought 2 from the main dealers about a year ago for around £60 each... and i'm sure Britpart or Bearmach do partern parts for less than that.....

someone on 'ere might have second hand one going cheap....

that emery cloth can be bought from any decent abrasives supplier....... you buy either a wide roll or a big sheet and tear it down to whatever size you need.

i know Marshall and Parsons in Leigh, Essex have it on the shelf....

not wishing to tell you what you already know, but i found patching and 'getting by' with knackered stubb axles is a bit of a false economy, if the sealing surface is damages you'll kill your hub seals in a matter of weeks....

if they've got lumps out of them (not strctural damage) you can repair them with cheical metal....

Gromit - that's the stuff, thanks!

As for stub axle price - I have had one delivered already that is the wrong one. I have ABS and coil springs and that means £105..... :(:(

Bish...

If the stub axle you require is an FTC3154, then it's readily available from Allmakes or Britpart. This part number is for vehicles with ABS apparently :ph34r:

No more than £60+

HTH

Dan