Electric Problems 1997 V8

Fossy31

As the title suggests im having problems with the electrics on my truck. The engine will crank over smoothly but there is not 12v's getting to the coil, fuel pump and lpg solenoids. I have researched this and thought it was the spider unit, took the dash apart and removed it (acctually pretty easy to get too) one leg was burn out but there were no tracks coming away from it, anyway resoldered all the joints as suggested in the tech archive post, but to no avail, it still won't start. I have been having this prob for a week and have been getting around it by putting a switched 12v feed to the coil but i dont want this permenatly.

Any ideas would be greatfully recieved.

Regards

Fossy

A '97 should be EFI so you won't get anything to the fuel pump until the ECU sees pulses from the coil, so if the coil wiring is dead it will play possum. Coil & ignition amp will likely be wired pretty direct from ignition switch, there should be a wiring diagram round here somewhere.

All other ignition switched items seem to function except the fog lights? could this be connected? It is indeed EFI, even more confusingly it worked on petrol up untill friday when it just died on petrol, luckily i managed to have enough gas to limp to a station and fill up so now i can only start and run on gas.

After looking again at the wire coming into the plug, 3 pairs were joined so as to bypass it already! and yep it starts without the spider in so it definately aint that. Does anyone have any ideas where to look next?

Problem solved, Im checked them first but somehow managed to miss a fuse had blown. All that work for a bl**dy fuse! oh well at least i learnt my sipider has been bypassed!