fitting a new fuel tank on a 90

hi there i just found that i've got a really bad leak on my fuel tank. so i just order a new one is there any thread of how to replace it? or what must i be aware of when doing it like the fuel pump or anything like that!

thanks a mil

hi there i just found that i've got a really bad leak on my fuel tank. so i just order a new one is there any thread of how to replace it? or what must i be aware of when doing it like the fuel pump or anything like that!

thanks a mil

Haynes manual is straight forward.

I replaced mine a few weeks ago, 1987 LR90.

The three bolts on the front bracket are quite difficult to get to.

I had to cut my rear brackets off & weld them back because my original nuts & bolts wouldn't undo after 23 years of road salt...

other than that 'tis a 1 spanner job...

If you get stuck pm me :-)

Hi guys, does anyone know how I can prime or bleed my fuel system after replacing the fuel tank as my mechanical lever doesn't seem to be working at all there's no resistance when I'm trying to level it!

Thanks

Try cranking the engine or turning it slightly, you could be on the lobe of the cam which means the diaphragm is already compressed and won't work.

A tip to save yourself some work is to pre-fill the filter with diesel before fitting. If the injector pump still has fuel in it you could then start the engine and it should self bleed, albeit it may misfire a bit as the air is drawn through.

HTH

Mark