Britpart Supplying Landrover!!!!!!!

need4speed

I read in an old post someone (cant remember who) saying that they saw a britpart lorry parked at the tradesmans entrance of a main landrover dealer. I thought no, surely not......

Oh yes. How wrong was i....

I recently sent off for a pair of new trailing-arm front bushes. Ordered genuine as the britpart rubber bushes are notoriously bad. Guess what... Parts arrived in the dreaded blue bag. The bag had the part number followed with a 'G' (i presume for genuine). The bag also had 'OEM' on the sticker too.

What is going on here regarding LR parts?

I will post pics up of the bag the parts came in on monday as i cant get to the workshop until then.

by 'sent off' I assume you mail ordered them? If so was it from a LR dealer or another supplier?

Unless it came from a dealer, I would not necessarily trust what was written on the bag - afterall, I could soon print a label with G on the end of the part number, and OEM somewhere else....

just playing devils advocate.

I ordered a pinion seal from britcar a week back and same thing FRC8220G (part no. might not be right) but i removed it from the packaging and it looks good quality and its also the redish colour the genuine ones normally are not black like a previous britpart attempt!

Im happy its going to last and it was half the price of one landrover packaged yet about a £5er more than Pattern.

Dave.

I see. I'll go with them being ok then..

So given that i bought them from another reputable well known, independant parts supplier, why didnt they buy from the OEM company instead of buying tham from britpart who bought them from the OEM. I presume every time the parts end up in a different companies hands, the cost to the consumer will go up each time?