Insa Turbo Dakar Mud Terrains

Disco300

My dad and i are having a Defender 110 County Station made to our specification. it is pretty much all there. All it needs is a decent set of mud terrains. Any idea what Insa Turbo Dakar mud terrains are like? Also, does anybody run Insa Turbo Traction Tracks?

I run the traction tracks and am very happy with them. They whine a fair bit on the road, more than I'd hoped. They are a GREAT snow tyre (10/10 in my opinion), and do well in most off-road situations. On the road I can't fault them either, no issues at all (I drive at a fair pace but not like a GTi). My mate runs them on his 300tdi, I run them on my TD5 Disco. We both do club trials and green laning, and are very happy with them.

I would almost definiately go for them again, just the noise and a drop in fuel economy (I reckon 10-15%) would put me off, performance wise they are great. I do 10-12,000 miles a year and they are wearing well, have NEVER lost any pressure (I check them very often). If you off-road and suspect you'll damage a tyre before you wear it out then I'd highly recommend them.

Hope that helps.

I used to have Dakars on my Defender and they weren't too bad. As with most remould tyres, the compound was a little soft and more susceptible cuts on the tread than the BFGs I currently have, but they were still a good tyre on road, sand, gravel and mud.

i run dakars had them on for 4 years now , tread pattern like the old bfg muds

i have had a few probs with air leaking around the rim but they are a good tyre

How many miles you had out of them so far? We had some C-Trax All terrains and they lasted about 15k.

my dad and i have given the dealer our wishlist for kit to be added. we're having a full refurb of all of the upholstery (seats, etc) done by exmoor trim. and a new set of 5 insa turbo dakar mud terrains. all things being well we wil be having our new toy by the end of august