200tdi conversion

just want to pick your brains, the air box conversion that steve parker sells is a bit expensive at £230 , I was looking at one and it seems to be cobbled together from landrover parts. The air box has a part number esr 2102 and the large pipe that has smaller pipe merging into it is numbered spx 119 ..,what are they off ? where can i get them from? has anyone tried to do the air box conversion this way?

Del,

I have just, in the last month, fitted the steve parker air filter kit whilst doing my own conversion. I believe that the only part that is 'stock' Land Rover is the air filter, all the other parts are sourced by Steve Parker from elsewhere or fabricated by them.

Be aware that this kit is designed to go where your washer fuild bottle normally sits and you will then have to relocate this if you do the direct fix. This is due to the air intake for the filter being mounted in the side of the LHS wing. If you want to put it elswhere you're better off looking at reusing the old one and checking for some of the 'how to's' on this site on how others have done it.

I have still to remount my washer bottle, they suggest moving to the where the PAS resorvior bottle is currently and then moving this bottle over to the location of the old air filter on a 2.5TD (Front corner passenger side (LHS)) which if you have brought their PAS conversion kit, doesn't have the parts to cut the pipes down to move it over to that side!

If you have any queries then i can try and explain further.

Chris

I used a standard Disco filter mounted vertically of the inner wing and wing edge.

Slightly modified the over centre clips which fixed it onto the Disco. Intake pipe

is in line with the standard 2.5TD intake pipe, and the plastic "elbow" at the bottom

can be turned to give a reasonable line to the turbo. Could email you a couple of pics.

if you like.

that would be good my email adress is delfletcher@ntlworld.com, I was thinking that maybe snorkle air pipes might work ,but I think you way sounds easier,cheers del

Hi

Will get onto it tomorrow. Thought I had been clever sorting this out myself, but

about a month later saw a pic. somewhere (can't remember where) someone else had had

a similar idea, so I don't claim this as an original idea!

Stick the pics up on here please, Briarston, I'm curious to see how you've done it too.

Cheers

Mo

I would do, but never had any success in the past! (new fangled computer thingys with

lots of tech. speak instructions = rapid loss of patience)