Best angle grinder to buy?

will4x4

1 hour ago, Mossberg said:

When I was in a small company before i bought anything I asked myself do I need it for health and safety,  will it make me money, will it make my life easier. 

My ask is slightly different "do I need it" will it be useful " not yet" the answer is always " hell yes it's a tool isn't it"

Regards Stephen

On 6/5/2022 at 8:57 PM, Ed Poore said:

Second @Stellaghost's recommendation for Milwaukee - I've had my Fuel version for years now and although it's not used daily when it does get used it gets used heavily. It may also have taken the odd flying leap from 10 feet up onto an 8" concrete slab. Still going strong.

About a year after I got it I got some polycarbide discs for a 4.5" grinder and was taking some 88" panels back to bare metal for respraying. I decided I might as well, since it was a fixed location use my corded 4.5" grinder. Blew the gearbox up, ended up resorting to the Milwaukee and that was non-stop for 4h with two 5ah batteries on a constant charge/discharge cycle on a 35°C day. The grinder carried on, eventually the batteries said they were over-temperature so was having to give them 15 minutes after use to cool down before they would recharge.

Grinder is still going to this say. For corded stuff I've been mightily impressed with some Hitatchi (green) ones that I picked up at Toolstation in an emergency, they had a deal on with a 4.5", 9" and a load of discs for £100. They're both going strong and the 9" has done a lot of concrete and slate cutting recently and I have remembered to blow it out occasionally. Also has a soft-start feature on it which is nice when you've got a big disc on it.

I got my brother in law a Milwaukee Fuel and he isn’t one to treat tools gently, it works hard most days and has done well. He’s noticed that if he hammers the battery in very hot weather and sticks it straight back on charge it will get very hot so he lets it cool off a bit 

id buy another