best place to source decent +2 shocks

if got me springs sorted, and now i need some +2shcocks to suit. there's no shortage of places selling britpart and procomp ones, but since i got a good deal on the springs i thought i'd put the change into the shocks. so i was thinking monroe or maybe blistein? the latter probably being a bit dear. where's the best place to get them, or any other suggestions would be good. i want them by the weekend, so i can get lifting!

I would put my money into either Delphi DeCarbons or Old man emu. Devon4x4 sell the OMEs and i think paddocks might sell delhis :unsure:

Also the Terrafirma shocks are meant to be good but i dont have any previous experience with them

Dave.

i had some decarbons on a scrapiron kit i bought and, without much point of reference, found them to be good. they never got any abuse, so i suppose they would be. ome's are, of course, the cat's t****, buti don't think they'll be within budget. maybe go black and orange then, they'll match my chainsaw trousers.....

i had some decarbons on a scrapiron kit i bought and, without much point of reference, found them to be good. they never got any abuse, so i suppose they would be. ome's are, of course, the cat's t****, buti don't think they'll be within budget. maybe go black and orange then, they'll match my chainsaw trousers.....

We're not having any issues with the Terrafirma +2's here at Allmakes.............maybe a cheaper option :)

I'll give de Carbons the big thumbs up.

Pro-comp and Monroes get the thumbs down. The Pro-comps didn't last long before going very soft. The Monroes were far too soft to begin with.

While at Billing lat weekend I heard a vicious rumour that Terrafirma shocks are in fact repainted Britpart stuff :o Can anyone substantiate this?

I'll give de Carbons the big thumbs up.

Pro-comp and Monroes get the thumbs down. The Pro-comps didn't last long before going very soft. The Monroes were far too soft to begin with.

While at Billing lat weekend I heard a vicious rumour that Terrafirma shocks are in fact repainted Britpart stuff :o Can anyone substantiate this?

I can tell you 100% that our shock absorbers are not from Britpart.........As for the silver springs , I buy these myself and personally developed them with the supplier.

hope this helps.

Do any manufacturers post any numbers or specs on their shocks? We carefully pick springs by rate and length, and then throw shocks under the car because they're the right length.

The spring and corner weight determine the natural frequency, and there's lots of maths to pick the right shock to match that frequency and give the right ride and response - it's not just as simple as picking a manufacturer. Though if it'll keep all its fluid and not go rusty in 10 mins, that's an excellent start!