Footwell seals

As I am changing the clutch master cylinder on my Dec 2001 td5, I thought it would be good to resolve the leaky footwell seals that give me wet feet in the rain.

The clutch seal for box to bulkhead is easy, MUC7505.

The brake bulkhead to pedal box has two options - MUC7506 at around £14, and ANR6333 at around £3.

What is the difference, how do I find out which one is applicable, and does it matter?

Martin

As I am changing the clutch master cylinder on my Dec 2001 td5, I thought it would be good to resolve the leaky footwell seals that give me wet feet in the rain.

The brake bulkhead to pedal box has two options - MUC7506 at around £14, and ANR6333 at around £3.

What is the difference, how do I find out which one is applicable, and does it matter?

Martin

I belive ANR6333 is a adhesive backed one, the TD5 Bulkhead I got had a pathetic rubbery self adehsive type seal, hadn't worked.

When I replaced the clutch and brake box seals I used a traditional paper type gasket for the clutch (mainly used it as a filler, combined with copious ammounts of silicone sealant) - and I didn't use a gasket for the brake box, again I used just gasket sealant but a non Silicone based one (will wait and see how this fairs)

Martin

My biggest problem was leaving a digit out of the VIN when finding part numbers. Sorted now.

Thanks for the input Maverick, I will probably double up on this one to make sure it stays dry in future. I am sick of emptying the footwell mat when it rains!

Martin