Hydraulic Tanks

sj_4x4

'Sfunny, when I see the prices people ask for '20 litre' hydraulic tanks I can't help but think, in the context of this Forum, that 20 litres is the storage capacity of a Jerrican. OK, there are some connectors to braze in, and a retaining bracket to fabricate, but comparing prices of one tank against the other you have quite a bit of money to spend on bits, bobs, and your time.

Not for everybody of course, but perhaps for 'somebody'?

'Sfunny, when I see the prices people ask for '20 litre' hydraulic tanks I can't help but think, in the context of this Forum, that 20 litres is the storage capacity of a Jerrican. OK, there are some connectors to braze in, and a retaining bracket to fabricate, but comparing prices of one tank against the other you have quite a bit of money to spend on bits, bobs, and your time.

Not for everybody of course, but perhaps for 'somebody'?

Funny enough I did start making one out of a jerrycan, as you say 20 litre and would not look put of place in the back of my truck cab.

I discovered, after making the holes, that there is a lining on the inside and once you have scratched it it starts to come away in sheets, exactly the sort of thing that would bugger up the hydraulic pump.

If anyone wants a pre-loved jerrycan with two 1" holes in it please let me know :-)