Any good tricks for adjusting bite point on clutch

I have replaced the clutch master on my TD5. I have used the instructions here and in the workshop manual for the TD5.

Adjustment of the pedal travel off the vehicle was easier, but in the pedal box in situ is a different matter.

With all the gubbins by the pedal/push rod connection it is very fiddly to adjust the two nuts and the Nyloc on the push rod. Are there any practical tricks to make this easier?

Martin

PS Thanks to Les/white90 and the Tech archive for giving me the confidence to tackle the clutch master change out.

I also asked one of the mechanics at Rangers 4x4 in Guildford while I was there today. His first trick was to jam the clutch pedal down as far as possible with something to get at the nyloc nut. I used a large lump of 4"x4" fencepost which was spare from doing decking which was the right length. A bit of overkill but it worked. This made the adjustment of this nut easy.

Once this was done, and the clutch pedal released, the other double nut was easier to do. I used a pair of needle nose pliers on the nut by the pivot and using a 13mm spanner on the other nut to lock it up to the first. The needle nose pliers just held the nut by the pivot, whilst the spanner nipped up the outer one.

Got there in the end. Thanks for your inputs and ideas.

Martin