Series 3 help with pannel i.d.

tbeagley

Hi all,

was won dering if anybody could help with pannel identification on my series 3,88" or if there is an exploded view of body pannels available.

I aquired it in kit form, with all the floor stripped out for chassis painting & i think i have a few bits missing under the seat box.I have one piece that has been cut, i assume to remove rust that i think came from under the passenger seat.(see pic)

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

What else should there be under the seat box?

And can anybody identify these bits, i cant see them in the L/R Manual anywhere (18" long, alloy).

IMAG0063.jpg

Cheers for any help, i didn't realise how hard putting a pile of unidentified bits together could be,

cheers again,

Terry.

The top picture shows the bottom of the under seat tool box. There should be another sloping bit which covers the chassis member. Original was plain steel, sometimes with a battery box let into the bottom - so if yours is something else its not original. Early S2's may have had alloy panels.

Replacement: http://www.yrm-metal-solutions.co.uk/023--ns--under-seat-tool-box-20-p.asp

The 2 plates are part of the top of the seat box (and I think are shown in the S3 parts book) Sorry its a case of juggling them around till you find out where they come from (or indeed if they are spare) I'd have thought there should be more of them.

On an 88, you only have one underseat box (nearside). The other side has no space as that's where the fuel tank goes.

Thanks Rich, I realised that after i posted.

A classic case of opening my mouth without my brain engaged.

Terry.