Discovery 5 door Pickup Conversion

SeanDisco

last year IIRC there was a guy in one of the LR comics that converted a 3 door. not sure how you would get around the rear doors on a 5 door though.

IIRC he reused the lower half of the tailgate as the tailgate for the pick up, and made a bulkhead using another tailgate (it may even have been a bulkhead out of a transit or something.

That was how i was thinking of doing it. Also was thinking of using the corners from around the back door and moving them forward to the back of the cab and using maybe aluminium sheet to cover the rest up. i suppose if i put enough time into the filling and sanding it could look good.

Another thing i was wondering was the fuel tank, as i'm planning on bobtailing it. Are there any places recommended for getting a tank that would sit behind the cab?

Cheers,

Sean

I know that Longranger have converted 5 door disco's when fitting their kit as a customer wanted a 300 auto and they couldnt find a decent 3 door to convert (was the 300 auto available in a 3 door?). When I spoke to them about it I was told they used new inner and outer 3 door pannels and said they could supply them so might be worth a call?

Brookers

The best one I have seen was Tango mans bobtail Range rover. This was 5 door, but had the pickup bay going from behind the rear seats. With the rear doors chopped down. I can't find any pictures of it as it was then turned into a tray back and has changed hands a few times I think.

Jon

Edit: Actually have a look here http://www.southdown4x4.co.uk/RaisedAirIntake.htm at the bottom of the page

The best one I have seen was Tango mans bobtail Range rover. This was 5 door, but had the pickup bay going from behind the rear seats. With the rear doors chopped down. I can't find any pictures of it as it was then turned into a tray back and has changed hands a few times I think.

Jon

Edit: Actually have a look here http://www.southdown4x4.co.uk/RaisedAirIntake.htm at the bottom of the page

Yep it's a tray back these days and is currently sat outside mine right now :) If anybody wants any info on it give me a shout.

Brookers