"EB12000" winch - who's the manufacturer??

Maverik

This winch was attached to my vehicle when I got it, trying to work out who makes them, but not a sign of any manufacturers names apart from EB12000... It makes me a tad nervous that it doesn't have any makers marks on it...

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Mav

post-20087-030726100 1284389467_thumb.jpg

This winch was attached to my vehicle when I got it, trying to work out who makes them, but not a sign of any manufacturers names apart from EB12000... It makes me a tad nervous that it doesn't have any makers marks on it...

Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Mav

Hi Mav,

I think that it comes from a chinese company called "Runva Machinery"

Try google

Carlos

Hmmm, nice bit of investigation work! well we'll see how it fairs on the old quality front... They have a fair range of stuff on their website, I'm intruged now, I've just sent them an email to see if they'll tell me what standards they make them too!... It looks the same as most winches of that ilk.

Regardless of what they make them to, they'll put whichever standards/logos you like on the documentation, when you buy them by the container-load.

Aye, I know thats the way, but, I've been looking at winches in general, and they all seem to use the same component parts (or very similar ones) I'm interested in who makes the gear box's etc. Warn look very similar in quite a few respects. Superwinch look the most attractive ones for me, they have a lot more of a "bespoke" look about them.

I sound like a right winch snob. Just intruged as I work with somewhat bigger winches and wires.